See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2017

This was the second time we had stayed here. It is a lovely friendly small hotel. The staff were welcoming and helpful. The sea-view rooms look out over a busy shipping lane which is only a few hundred metres from the shore. Fascinating to watch the world go by from our room.

Room tip: Sea view is a must for ship lovers.
Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

I love Vlissingen and really wanted to spend my 31st there so we chose Hotel Solskin based on the reviews and the price. We paid 100 euro for a double with breakfast on a Friday night,not cheap but Zealand in general is very expensive during the summer.Easy to find,right on the beach.Check in was friendly and lasted 30 secs (they check your name and give you the key. )we had a room facing the back,with a balcony, which was great to enjoy a drink. Bed was comfy, everything was clean, good wifi,kettle and friche, huge renovated bathroom with very big bathtub. Breakfast was basic,Dutch style. I cannot find anything wrong with this hotel and I will for sure visit it again next year.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2016

I got off the train (a mile away) and came to this hotel for one night. The management and staff are extremely helpful. The food at the restaurant was superb. They were very accommodating in all respects. The room was very nice and had most of the amenities that one looks for. My room had a wonderful balcony overlooking the water.

The only negative feature of this hotel is that the stairs are extremely steep and there is no elevator. So, expect to carry your bags up and down these steep steps. I also wouldn't recommend the hotel for someone with a disability or a balance issue.

I really liked this place and would stay there again. Great value for the price.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Jan C
Reviewed May 10, 2016

Very well location oceanfront. Small hotel With an excellent restaurant and very friendly staff. We had a big room With a small balcony towards the sea. Very clean room With good beds. Nice breakfast free. Wifi well functioning.
Parkin available in surrounding streets- you have to pay between 9-18 and three hours/pay.
Short stroll to city centre, shops etc. Lot of other bars and restaurants in area.
Good value for Money. Recommended.

Room tip: Room 2 - excellent With seating section and outside small balcony. Mind very, very steep stairs to approach room.
Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed May 1, 2016

We were held up by roadworks in Belgium but the proprietor waited for us to arrive. He gave us a warm welcome and was most helpful.
We had booked a room with a sea view and we got a lovely room with an enclosed balcony. This made it so dark and quiet that we slept in the next morning, missing the advantage of the good view.
I don't think there is a lift but otherwise the room was really good. There was a hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities although there was no 'English Breakfast' tea! (Good job we carry our own!).
The main down-side was parking; there was plenty available but we had to pay 5 euros for the ticket. The parking at the back is easy but is in a dark lane and I was nervous of leaving the car there.

Room tip: Sea views are good. Take binoculars and you can see which make of cigarette the ships' captains are using!
Date of stay: April 2016