“My 70th Birthday”

Restaurantje Nummer 7
Reserve with
Restaurantje Nummer 7 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 113 Restaurants in Middelburg
Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Excellent restaurant with attentive and knowledgeable staff serving fine dining food. The evening was part of a package from the B&B Poorthuys which provided us with an exceptional meal for our celebration, I would recommend it without reservation.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had a very good dinner. Fine food and nice choice of wine. The service was also very pleasant.
The only reason I did not give a higher rank is the lack or poor climate control. This summer evening was very warm.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We spent a great evening in this nice restaurant located in the centre of Middelburg. The food is delicious, imaginative with fresh ingredients and offers a great mixture of land- and seafood. Nice wine menue with an international of not overpriced wines. When we arrived there was a mess-up with the reservation but a solution was quickly found and we even were offered the aperitif as an apology. Very nice gesture! The service staff was very attentive, but the restaurant was a bit crowded so the wait was a bit longer than what one would expect. But quality of the food made up for the wait. Great price/service ratio.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

My partner & myself stumbled across Number 7 restaurant after the eaterie we had originally planned to visit was closed. What a find!
From the moment we walked through the door, we were greeted with warmth & hospitality second to none. To begin with, we found the service a little slow, but soon "tuned in" to the ambience and felt that the staff are simply giving diners time to savour their dining experience; Number 7 is definitely a place to linger and savour the wonderful food and wines served.
We decided to choose options from the fixed price menu; the ranges were good and the food excellent. A little "appetiser" was served to start, a lovely palette cleanser, and all menu options were carefully explained to us in English by the staff. The chef also came and spoke to us and the other diners, and seemed keen to know our thoughts on our selections.
We also selected the wine option in which wines were selected for us to compliment each course; I would definitely recommend this! Again, wines were carefully explained prior to serving, and we were treated to some really interesting flavours that complimented our chosen food options perfectly.
The atmosphere is also lovely; Number 7 is only small but has a cosy yet stylish and "intimate" feel.
The price for us was a little on the high side (about £100 for the two of us) but we felt this was justified as we experienced a unique dining experience that enhanced our holiday. I would definitely visit again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We enjoy very much going to this restaurant.
The food is good, the atmosphere superb. Small restaurant, old style, very cosy.
The portions are a bit too small for me, I'm a big eater. It's a pitty still to be a bit hungry when you leave the restaurant.
Nevertheless, I love to go there with my wife and I will sure go there again in the future.
The owners are also very warm. You kind of feel at home.