“A decent place to stay”

Stavanger
“A decent place to stay”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel:
At arrival the hotel gives a very good impression. Helpful and service oriented staff, nice tasteful lobby. Although the lobby area was small, I never felt I was keot waiting on was in the way of anything.
Much is probably due to the restaurant being of top quality. It is Michelin guide mentioned and holds a very high standard but with very reasonable prices.
The same restaurant also serves the breakfast, and it also holds a quite good standard.

Location:
The hotel is located just as you enter the city of MIddelburg. After getting off the highway running from Antwerp it is one of the first things you will encounter. It is also relatively close to the city center. For me the stay was mainly to I had work in the nearby harbour of Vlissingen, which is only a 15-20 minute drive away.
Can't say much about public transport. But being in the Netherlands, the area has plenty of bicycle paths and is an ideal place to look around from the top of a bicycle.

The rooms.
The rooms are basic, over normal standard rooms. Very large and very comfortable bed.
Each room has a small but very modern and good bathroom.
Temperature was a problem at first, can't really say why as I did not find any temperature control. But overall it let me rest well every night. There is internet available in the rooms.

Overall impression:
Good, over the standard average hotel. Comfortable rooms, good restaurant.
It is a very good option. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the parking lot are not affected by the noise from the road on the front.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We booked this hotel for one night as it looked very promising on their website. It was a standard double room and payed approx. 45 EUR per person. The experience was not really what was described on their page. It wasn't awful, but not great either. Some issues:

- floor wasn't clean, the sheets had stains, bathroom bin was full when we entered the room, the Minibar (I know I should stay out of it...by the way tiny bottle of Prosecco was 9 EUR) was dirty and all the glasses were covered with dust like they had a stay in the desert for some weeks,
- the rooms are noisy because the doors don't isolate any noise from the hall. Luckily we stayed till late in town, so no problem on that ;-)
- breakfast had a big variety but when we got there by 9 am most of the stuff that should be warm was cold (eggs, bacon,...).

What was worth the stay in the hotel?
- the easy reach to town,
- the big car park,
- the very friendly staff (they offered a map of the area and talked about good spots to visit)
- the bathroom which was redecorated and was really modern
- the public area of the hotel

We didn't had dinner so can't comment on restaurant quality.

One last remark: it is a Best Western hotel! Hard to find that on their website, they should show it more clearly, because then you know what style you can expect.

Conclusion: some good, some bad credits for this hotel, I can accept this choice for a short stay, but wouldn't really choose it for multiple nights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I paid 75 eur and got a great room, large, clean and comfortable. Stayed there 1 night and ate at the restaurant of the hotel which is quite good but rather expensive. The breakfast is ok for the Netherlands. Don't expect a big choice of breads but indeed choose between the many juices. The service was nice and you can use internet for free.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very convenient to the City Centre, 10 minutes walk at most. Comfortable rooms and veyr helpfull staff. Lots of free parking. The rooms while comfortable feel in need of a rehab, door locks don't work very well.

Room Tip: Car park or main road, that's your choice!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manchester
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed here for one nights whilst touring Holland. The location is good as it's just a 10 minute easy walk to the centre of Middelburg .
The room was clean and comfortable and ok for the one night stay.
Breakfast was good with a good range of breads, meat, cheese, fruit etc.
Parking is free,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have just returned from a two night stay (Friday and Saturday nights). We booked two separate rooms (one mature couple, one couple in their thirties). The hotel is in a good location, with a private car park and within easy walking distance (10 minutes) of the centre. We were on the first floor. The rooms were adequate but not as large as some other Best Western Hotels we have stayed in. I would give the rooms 3* and the restaurant 4*

Thanks to a previous reviewer on Trip Advisor, I knew to ask at reception for a tea/coffee tray, complete with kettle and this was provided for both rooms without any trouble. However, I don't know why trays are not automatically provided. We didn't use the mini bar but from previous experience we checked the contents on arrival (so as not to be charged for items we had not used). There were a couple of bottles missing and when we reported this to the receptionist, she made a note and they were replaced immediately.

There was plenty to eat for breakfast with a selection of hot and cold food and endless refills of fruit juice, tea and coffee etc. On one of the evenings, we ate in the restaurant (Chez Raymonde) and the food was absolutely delicious.

Overall, we had a very enjoyable visit to Middelburg and would use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask at reception for a tea/coffee tray
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed two nights in the best Western Amadore Hotel Arneville, the foyer is cool but welcoming as were the reception staff, check in was quick and painless, I was given room 011 on the ground floor, the outside temperature being 30 degrees the temperature in the room was only slightly less, however the room did have a big window that could be opened, the only downside being that when I left the room I had to shut the window for fear of having my belongings stolen, the bed was enormous, the biggest bed I’ve ever seen, it took up the whole room with very little space left for the guest, there was just enough room for me to sit at the desk with my computer, however, during the night I awoke to realise that it was two beds shoved together and I was suspended in the space I had made between them in a hammock of sheets, however when I discovered the what was going on I slept quite well on one bed or the other.

The bathroom was well equipped with all the usual toiletries and a disposable face cloth, which was a new one on me, the only problem was a slight smell of cat urine that was quite unpleasant.

I had lunch and dinner in the hotel restaurant, for lunch I had Tagliatelle with Salmon in a cream sauce & a white beer, both excellent. At dinner I plumped for 6 oysters, steak medallions with stroganoff sauce & a white lady ice cream. The oysters are kept in a tank in the foyer and I assume opened as and when ordered, they were delicious and not as salt as our home grown variety, the steak was just as I had ordered it (medium rare) it came with new potatoes, vegetables and French fries, again all delicious as was the ice cream, all were well presented and served with a friendly smile from Janette, all the staff were very conscience of their role and asked several times if everything was okay and if there was anything more they could do.

All in all it was a pleasant experience I have no qualms in recommending the hotel to others.

Room Tip: In hot weather ask for a room on the first floor to allow you to open the windows.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middelburg
Van der Valk Hotel Middelburg
Hotel aan de Dam
Hotel aan de Dam
#3 of 10 in Middelburg
Amadore Hotel Restaurant Arion

Been to Amadore Hotel Restaurant Arneville? Share your experiences!