“best Mexican food in town”

Popocatepetl The Mexican
Ranked #177 of 668 Restaurants in Utrecht
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

on of the restaurants of the Popocatepetl type. Not too big but good ambiance, good food, very fast and attentive personnel. Good balance between price and quality, one of my favourite places, next to Popocatepetl Rotterdam and Nijmegen. they have a special low price dinner on certain days.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

They write on their sign "Best Mexican Food in Town" but I think this is the only Mexican food in town so it's also the worst Mexican food in town. Dried tortillas, tasteless fajitas, this was the worst Mexican food I have ever had.

1  Thank Tay84
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The food is good, the ambiance is there but the place is a bit noisy, it's not easy to talk with the person sitting as the same table than you. Too bad

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

One of those fantastic Mexican restaurants where you get a lot fora small price. Lot of women and happy decor. One of my favourite places!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I went for dinner here with a group of 7 people. This can't be the best Mexican place to eat in Utrecht. The ambiance is fine, although a bit too cosy at times (lack of space) but beautiful interior. The food wasn't as full flavoured you'd expect from a Mexican place. The staff didn't make the impression they really appreciated me being there. Not unfriendly, but they just didn't seem to care. As if we were there for them. On top of this all we were served a couple of bowls with lemonwater for our fingers, but we were expected to shere these! Quite unhygienic.

I will definitely try to avoid to return there when I want to have a good meal with friends.