“A great budget hotel”
Review of Beurshotel

Beurshotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Utrecht
Beurshotel
Ranked #26 of 28 Utrecht B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The highlight of this stay was the friendly, helpful staff. Haayo, in particular, was amazing - he gave me a great suggestion on how to get to a meeting more easily using public transport, and even emailed me a google map! The other staff were great too. The single room with ensuite I booked was fine. It is in a separate building from the main hotel, but just around the corner and very safe. The room was small, but what do I need a big room for? I think a big room for one person is just a waste. It was adequate to my needs, and had plenty of powerpoints! There is no lift and the stairs are very steep - Haayo offered to carry my case up and I'm glad I agreed! I would stay again happily. The location is great, and easily accessed by many buses from the main central station.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 25, 2013

If your expectations are not those of spacious bathrooms, luxurious beds and bellboys carying your suitcase, then you won't find too much hardship in staying at this one star location.

Bathrooms are tiny, but have a working shower and toilet with warm water (there are some rooms without their own amenities).

Beds are fine, room looks a bit oldfashioned, but you get more then you usually do for less then 50 euro a night. The rate is totally fair in my opinion.

Book with the hotel it self to avoid having to pay the 5% tourist tax on arrival.

Location is easy to access from central station with loads of busses.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We booked three rooms for five of us, splitting the cost 4 nights wored out at Eu50 pppn. Location is excellent two good regular buses (74 and 77) Takes you through Centraal and on to stops at Neude, Janskerkhof and Heerenplein all on the fringe of the old town. The en suites were small but adequate I'm 6'4" but still washed. There are few hotels in this price range in Utrecht. The breakast was classic Dutch, cheese meat and bread. The staffwere friendly and helpful.
Why they didn't shoot the American whiners who stayed at the same time, is beyond me.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2012

As a basis for my review I paid €136 for two nights at the Beurshotel.
The hotel is about 15 minutes walk from Utrecht Central station - on the same road so pretty simple to get there. Check in was very straight forward and the guy on the desk very friendly.
Rooms 1-10 were in a separate front door around the corner - the first challenge was the narrow staircases with very small steps, with a 23 kg suitcase it was a real challenge to stay balanced and get the case around the corners. There is no lift and I suspect people with limited mobility would really struggle, there was even one flight of stairs with inconsistent step heights - just like the trip steps you find in old castles. Not that it matters but the carpets were covered in stains. Room 10 was at the top of the building so by the time I'd got there I'd had a good workout at least.
The room itself was more like a student dorm than a typical hotel - it was triangular in shape with three single beds and a separate bathroom. The room had lots of windows and overlooked a junction which seemed to accumulate youths late at night.
There was a TV (not flatscreen) but no controller - it worked but wasn't tuned perfectly. There was a retro stereo system as well should you wish to play tapes...
Decor was pretty poor in appearance - the wall texture varied and there were some old damp stains on the ceiling.
There were no tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms but there was free wifi which lots of bigger hotels charge a lot for these days. (€9 a day in the last hotel I was in). The bed was comfortable especially the pillows.
The bath room had a shower, sink and toilet and again looked a bit dated - there were lots of holes in the tiles and multiple curtain rails showing how things had been upgraded over the years. Everything seemed clean though.
The included continental breakfast was simple but effective and suited me (the last hotel I was in breakfast was €19 per day on its own for similar stuff).
I don't know about Dutch fire regulations but I did find it weird there was a sign posted fire escape onto a flat roof with no way down.

Overall I'd say that if if you're after a luxury break or are planning on spending a lot of time in the room - then probably you'll be disappointed but if you're after somewhere cheap to sleep for a night or two while visiting Utrecht and don't have any heavy luggage to get up the stairs, then this hotel will be fine.

Room Tip: Room 10 has 3 single beds - but is on the top floor with bad stairs, it also overlooks a fairly live...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Needed to stay one night for the weekend and found this hotel which is not very far from city center (you can take any bus from here to central station). The staff was friendly and allowed check-in near mid-night. The room was small, basic but clean (bathroom, bedlinen). The continental breakfast (included) was very poor.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed here one night midweek in october. The room was very basic and tiny, the bedlinen was worn and very old fashioned. We had to climb three flights of very steep stairs to get to the room and the window directly overlooked the busy road below. The toilet was separate to the shower, in a tiny closet, I am 5' 2'' and I couldnt close the door if I was using the facilities, it was that small. All of this would perhaps be acceptable if they charged hostel prices but we paid 109 euro for a tuesday night. Of all the hotels I've stayed in over the past few years this was one of the worst.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DublinMoose
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Arrived with a group of friends for a weekend, the staff were very helpful from the start allowing us to check in early.

The rooms were basic but they were clean and serviced each day. I stayed in the rooms that were not part of the main hotel which are 2 minutes walk away.
At the back of the hotel the room was quiet and comfortable, the only downside is having to use a shared toilet. (On the 3rd floor it's possibly the smallest bathroom I've ever seen)

Breakfast was nice and the people behind reception were flexible enough to give us breakfast when we were a bit late one of the mornings.

The hotel is a good 20 minutes walk from the main train station and 20 minutes walk from town

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends