“A bit disappointed.”

Ranked #10 of 110 things to do in Utrecht
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I went with me grandson of three. He liked the 'playhouse' but otherwise there were very little things to do for kids his age. Too much of a museum ... perhaps the designers could connect more with the visions of children that love Miffy ...? As an adult I really liked the lay-out, but I would recommend to take a look at the target group you're building the exhibition for. Now to me it feels like a bit of a no-mans-land.

1  Thank MaireRosa

Reviewed November 12, 2012

A must for Miffy fans everywhere . Not as many original drawings as I would have liked to have seen but a great place to see and feel the Miffy atmosphere . Great souvenir shop.

2  Thank JoB18
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was expected more than a few rooms... I guess this museum is only for children and not really for adults who still want to keep in touch with their childhood.

1  Thank pioutte
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Long walk off the beaten path. If you have children and they are Miffy fans then by all means go. If you are simple an adult who wants to see some dick bruna art or collectibles you won't see it. There is a gift store but it is 10 euro to enter dick bruna huis and it is for kids. Period.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were underwhelmed by this museum experience having travelled a good 40 minutes or so for the 11am opening (why so late?) with a 3 year old and 2 year old who were expecting to have some interactive experiences. The rather sparse activities were disappointing – a Miffy play house, a train, some magnetic boards and DVDs of Miffy, which we could have watched at home in greater comfort and in English. There was a craft table upstairs with a quite difficult colouring, cut and paste activity and more DVD viewing with story telling in Dutch but nothing which captured the opportunity to really engage small children who know the Miffy character well. For adults the video on the life of Bruna was interesting as was the room displaying all his publications in every language, but not enough to justify a journey to Utrecht. We were glad to have Museum Cards so we did not waste our money. The best part of the experience was the bright airy shop selling products, so we bought a few gifts which we probably could have found in other stores closer to home. It was just as well we had planned a visit to the magical de Haar Castle outside Utrecht for a picnic lunch in the grounds.

4  Thank skippyLuzern