“Nice gardens”
Review of Slot Zuylen

Slot Zuylen
Ranked #21 of 108 things to do in Utrecht
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Cycled from Utrecht to the castle. Not open until 2pm and you had to precook tour of house, so we could only go to the gardens. Nice gardens and relaxing for a couple of hours.

1  Thank rsherrington
There are newer reviews for Slot Zuylen

Reviewed June 30, 2013

It was closed when I arrived so unfortunately I couldn't take a tour, however I did walk the grounds and it was beautiful!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Slot Zuylen is well preserved and maintained. Strolling through the many nicely decorated rooms and romantic venues, you feel how live has been in this era. The garden is worth a walk, even as the weather doen't permit it. We had the luck to watch a falconer.

3  Thank pbmeyersr
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We passed here on our way to the lakes (direction of Amsterdam) and though I always appreciate a nice castle, I think I would probably not have bothered as a single destination. I appreciated to read up on the history, and the castle looks very elegant from the outside, but other then a quick look inside and a nice walk around the beautifull garden, I do not think it was worth it. Special warning; do not drink the coffee in the cafe section. You might not live to tell. So all in all: pass by if you have a chance but do not bother to make this a special destination. Do as the locals (we did not), rent a bicycle to go there. Just as the famous poem of Konstantinos Kavafis says (Ithaka): the journey is more important then the destination :-)

3  Thank Telly2408
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I only saw it from the outside. it's quite a nice athmospere and you can take beautiful pictures. It is located on on my run route