“Pleasant stay”

Hotel Mitland
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Utrecht
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here overnight on business following a reccomendation and glad I did. Room was confortable, with good facilities and a reasonable breakfast. There were some drawbacks, the room I stayed in was near a roundabout and although the noise wasn't too intrusive, I could here it and I am not sure I could have been further away from reception if I'd tried and the hotel covers a long thin footprint. It is a little way outside the town centre but it is accessable with a short bus or taxi ride. All in all worth a return visit if I am in the area again.

Room Tip: A room facing the lake is probably quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HotelMitlandUtrecht, Front Office Manager at Hotel Mitland, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing a review.
We are glad to hear that our hotel is recommended. You enjoyed your stay although you stayed in a room on the street side. For next time you can book a room on the lake side, which is more quiet and has a beautiful view. We hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed two nights in a family room at the hotel. We have only made use of the room as a base for touring parts of Holland.
The family room is a suite with two extra beds. All beds are of good quality making for a good night's sleep, although the air con is a bit noisy.
Bathroom with two sinks and both bathtub and shower are clean although the towels are a bit thread bare. Cleaning was prompt and well done.
Parking is available for a daily, reasonable fee and a ten minute walk and ten minutes on the local bus takes you effortlessly to the central station.
Beautiful surroundings with lots of greenery and water makes for a very relaxing stay.
A bit pricy breakfast meant we chose to grab a bite on the fly at a local bakery, so can't comment on the food quality.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
HotelMitlandUtrecht, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mitland, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Rudi,

Thank you for writing this review. Nice to read that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed our surroundings. We will look into the remarks you have mentioned which gives us the opportunity to improve our services.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We´ve organised a course and this hotel had been recommended by our host and a sale rep. Although I thought it was a bit far from city center, I just loved it. Very modern hotel and comfortable rooms, with lots of different facilities... Nevertheless, the most important thing for me was the personnel. They were all extremely friendly and helpful.It´s a shame I could not stay longer, but for sure I´ll come back in the future...

Room Tip: Ask for the upgrade room... lovely scenery

Dear Alfonso,

Thank you for sharing your experiences about your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed our hospitality and facilities which shows that our efforts are not in vain and that the recommendation was in place. We have shared your compliments with our personnel and hope to welcome you again in the nearby future.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were in Utrecht for a family wedding, and the hotel was chosen for us by the bride and groom, who are locals and know it well. It was an inspired choice.
Although only about 2.5Km from the city centre, the setting is almost rural, surrounded by lakes and parklands and with very little traffic noise.
Facilities were good, particularly the pool and spa complex. Breakfast facilities, and the bar and restaurant were equally good.
We had originally intended to spend a couple of nights in Amsterdam, but since the train from Utrecht CS only takes about 25 minutes, Hotel Mitland and a commute was a better option.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMitlandUtrecht, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mitland, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your stay at our hotel. Good to read that you have enjoyed our green surroundings and our facilities as the choice of stay was already made by the bride and groom. We hope you had a wonderful wedding and we hope to welcome you again in the nearby future.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hotel Mitland is located in the nice & quite neighborhood next to the large park/forest, on bank of the river. Hotel consist of several buildings. Rooms (with a river view) were a bit wornout but still do they job nicely.

Breakfast buffet was great and the bar was ok (at least the beer was cold).

Location is aprox. 5 kms from the center, so if you dont have your own car you need to take a taxi (cost approx 10€) or take a bus. Bus stop is 1 km from the hotel so be prepared if carrying heavy luggage.

Room Tip: There are sheeps on the other side of the river, and they may be bit noisy from 5AM. Earplugs might...
1  Thank MKFlyer
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed in a "Superior" room which had the usual accoutrements and was of a decent size. It was clean and fairly comfortable, though a fair way short of what you might expect from the 4 star rating. I'd call it decent 3 star accommodation. Breakfast and dinner were more than acceptable and not especially overpriced by hotel standards - baring in mind that I've yet to meet a hotel that doesn't overprice their restaurant fare.

The cost of accommodation was very reasonable through an online booking agent - substantially less than I usually pay for a more centrally located Utrecht hotel. This may have been a particularly good deal though as I've seen much higher prices for this hotel on other websites, so it might pay to shop around if you're planning on booking a stay here.

The hotel is equipped with a small gym and pool - which I'd originally planned to use but didn't get around to in the end so I can't comment on their quality.

The area around the hotel is pleasant - parkland and lakes - though if you want anything else, such as shops, bars or restaurants you're definitely in the wrong place.

I wouldn't recommend it to a tourist visiting Utrecht, as it's not ideally located for exploring the town, but I had a pleasant stay and I won't hesitate to book here again if I'm working in the neighborhood.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is an excellent place to meet for a business lunch. The hotel is situated in a quiet area surrounded with trees green and a small river. While dining you can enjoy the peace of the river. There is a nice choice of light and lunches and fresh salads. The restaurant and reception personal are very friendly and helpful.
As I have not seen the rooms I cannot make any statement. It seems a very good place for conferences.

Room Tip: Choose some of there lunch salads.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business