Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ibis
Hotels.com$85
Travelocity$85
Algotels$98
Priceline$85
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2017

Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Reint_v_R, General Manager at Ibis Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

Thus is a nice modern Hotel. I had a pleasent stay. The rooms are modern and the prive is moderate for the location. Any time again. Good food and agood service. Ideal for a business trip. The connection to the motorway is sufficient. So good for those who travel by car.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reint_v_R, General Manager at Ibis Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Dear Michae2schwarz,

Thank you for visiting Ibis Utrecht and telling us about your stay!

I am very happy to see that you had a pleasant stay and that the service we offered was up to expectation!
I hope you will have a chance to visit us again in the future!

Reint

Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

Everyone at this hotel was very upbeat and friendly. From the check in to the bar, the entire staff was great. It is about a 15 minute walk from the central station. The rooms are exactly what you expect from this specification, nothing fancy, but with the essentials. Comfy beds & clean.

Not sure I would opt for the breakfast deal again. This is a bit overpriced for what you get.

Overall, nice and I can recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jimcQ447MN
Reint_v_R, General Manager at Ibis Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2017

Dear Jim C,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us! I am very happy to see that my colleagues were a positive part of your experience and will surely share your review with them!

We changed our breakfast a few weeks ago and are doing an evaluation of that now, so your comments regarding the breakfast will surely be taken up in that evaluation, hoping that we can improve on the price/ quality ratio for the future!

Hope to see you again some day,

Reint,

Reviewed February 9, 2017

I stayed at the Ibis for 2 days during a business trip to Utrecht. It was close to both Utrecht Central Station and my offices. At check in/out I had to explain several times the booking was already paid by our corporate travel company. The response being 'It's your name on the credit card used right? Again, no.' On the first night the iron provided blew the power in my room. To be fair the gentleman on reception rectified the situation and offered to move me to a new room if he could not. The staff were friendly in the restaurant and the food was decent. The bed was comfortable and the rooms are clean but rather basic with no tea/coffee facilities. Nothing else over and above a flat screen TV in the room which is poor compared to other similar hotels in the chain. Breakfast was extra which pushed the bill up to the same amount of a higher rated hotel further into the city. One or two day stay is fine. Anything more and it would be a struggle as it's so basic.

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank StevieAK
Reint_v_R, General Manager at Ibis Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2017

Dear StevieAK,

Thank you for staying with us and giving us feedback on your stay!

I am happy firstly to see that my colleagues were helpful and friendly during your stay!
Our rooms and services are as you described, but they also rely on requests. We have, for example, coffee and tea making facilities that we will gladly provide you with for free upon request, just like we do with irons (even though we try to provide irons that do not blow the fuses).
As for your price comparison, I see your point, but I do have to add that our competitors are not in the same price range. Yes, room rates might be similar, but items like parking will push your bill with them up another 20 euro or more.
I was sorry to read that there was some trouble with the credit card. As your booking came in through an indirect channel, this sometimes happens even though we try to prevent this as much as possible.

I hope you will choose us as a future location for stays in Utrecht so we can show you we can fit your needs better!

Kind regards,
Reint, general manager

Reviewed February 9, 2017

The Ibis Utrecht is located close to the motorway and not too far from the city center. Ample parking space is available free of charge.
The room is Ibis standard, the bed is comfortable. I stayed so far twice and unfortunately both times the rooms smelled strong like inspect spray, only very long time open window helped.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, but not very efficient. Check-in process both times took quite long, considering there was no one in front of me. And for the restaurant (there is no other restaurant close-by as far as I know), it was similar. Both times I were there, my order was forgotten and hence, I waited very long time. Then had to remind them to finally get my food.
Overall ok for a short stay, but it would be nice, if the staff is more attentive and efficient.

Date of stay: January 2017