Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ibis
Hotels.com$85
Travelocity$85
Priceline$85
Algotels$98
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 9, 2016

It has a multiple language channels, a shower (not a bath sadly) a decent bed and the bus to UTrecht Centraal stops in front. THe breakfast is good and you can even press your own oranges. It's a very functional hotel but no charm whatsoever.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reint_v_R, General Manager at Ibis Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2016

Dear Chantal V,

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing that stay!

Despite missing charm, I am happy to see that the functional parts of your stay were in order and that you liked the breakfast!

Hope to see you again on one of your commutes!

Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

I flew over from the Isle Of Man to meet a friend I had never met.
She recommended this Hotel to me & I wasn't disappointed. I cannot comment on the breakfast or meals there, as I didn't have any.

It is a basic but very clean Hotel. I had a double bed in a reasonable sized room, which had a really nice powerful shower and toilet area. The toilet in my room is at an unusual angle, therefore if you have long legs, they could be right up against the toilet sliding door.
The staff at reception & behind the bar are very friendly. I didn't expect anything else.

Disabled people with reduced mobility need to note that the hotel is a good 20+ minute walk from Utrecht Central Railway Station. But what a beautiful walk there is across the main road behind the hotel to Utrecht. Just go straight over the road & there is a lovely canal to walk next to, all the way, practically to the railway station.
There are buses to Utrecht and a wonderful tram system.

I have never seen so many eating establishments, restaurants, pubs and brassieres. Unbelievable.

If you go to Utrecht Central Railway Station & walk down the side of it, you will enter an enormous shopping mall and eventually when you come out of it, another world appears, which has another canal system, with cruises.

Well worth visiting Utrecht.
And simple to catch trains to Amsterdam, the Hague, Rotterdam, etc.

David Moncaster TTIOM

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank David M
Reint_v_R, General Manager at Ibis Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2016

Dear David/ ttiom,

Thank you very much for your stay with us (thank your friend too!) and for the review! Your description is not only very accurate, but also a lot like our vision for the hotel! I will be sure to pass your comments on to my team, as they love to hear/ read about getting things right !

Hope you will visit your friend again in the future, finding us as your stay location again then!

Reviewed October 30, 2016

This Ibis hotel is particular comfortable with a good restraurant and bar. They also have a good selection of take away drinks and snacks. They have free parking and that's becoming less available in cities. Prices are good, the rooms are comfortable and the WiFi works well

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Dear Carlton,

Great to read that you had a good stay! I will be sure to pass that message on to my team, who strive for this every day! As for your title, we fully agree! We've been saying that for years now!

Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

Today we slept here un Ibis and in the room the heating did not work and we have been so cold that we have to dw sore throat, besides being the room full of small bugs. breakfast room and 14 and 105 and is very remote.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Sonia,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. From the feedback, I have to conclude that you did not inform my colleagues about the issues you had with the temperature. All our rooms have a separate heating system below the window and after checking it, I can inform you that it works very well. If you tried to warm up the room with only the A/C, then I can imagine this took far too long.
I am sorry to read that some of the ladybugs that found their way to our hotel were in your room. We are investigating how this is possible, but probably they came in through the ventilation above the window (which might add to the reason why the room was so cold). I understand from my colleagues that they did discuss the options for a solution with you as they took care of the unwanted ladybugs.
As is clear, your stay at Ibis did not meet your standards. I am sorry for this and I hope you will find a better fitting hotel for a future stay in Utrecht.

Reviewed October 28, 2016

This is in a residential area with major roads around it, so no matter how high up you are (and I was near the top) there aren't any good views. Noise minimal with windows shut.

Dutch staff are really nice, helpful, cheerful, sorted out taxi - gave good advice. Friendliest 'budget' hotel staff I've met in a long while - definitely the charm and good manners school.

While my room was spotless in terms of cleaning, the wooden floor helped. Free wifi was good; and as a Accor card loyalty member checking in online, I got two free drinks coupons. Awesome.

Not the fault of the hotel staff: room had either had a smoker, or someone who had smoked as the previous occupant, so I needed to open the window wide immediately and leave it open while I went out for dinner. (As a non-smoker the smell impacted me a lot, but reception staff too nice to complain to). Upon return I turned up the heating full blast in cold Fall (Autumn) night.

Also the glass on the shower isn't deep, I basically flooded the laminent bathroom floor showering, and I'm not a big person - the glass 'wall' doesn't go far enough... its OK, I used the bath-towel mat a lot to soak up the water and wring it out, so left dry floor. Bigger people beware - put spare towels down by shower entrance before showing.

Its very tight space wise, so if sharing with a friend, there's not a lot of space to separate the beds between you.

Breakfast was included - nothing special, except for the electric fresh juicer - amazing, fresh orange juice you squeeze yourself, and decent self-service hot drinks machine.

Dinner food here seemed expensive and we had local friends to go out.

Easy to get to by TRAM line 14 from Utrech station or just a 12-15 minute taxi drive.

Room tip: High floor rooms, as the lower floors are roof-tops/roads - only 1 elevator though...
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear OpenmindedAngel,

Thank you for your extensive review of Ibis Utrecht! I was very happy to read it, especially the part about my colleagues and the positive impression they gave you!
Your description of the hotel is a near perfect match to what we strive to be! Of course, that does not go for the smell in your room or the fact that showering could turn the bathroom into a small fountain (impressive that you reached the laminate floor all the way outside the bathroom!) but the staff, the freshly squeezed orange juice and the spotless cleaning!
I hope we will see you again in the future! And for reference (and weather permitting) I can really recommend taking one of our bicycles to get tot the city centre! you pass a few beautiful scenes and landmarks..

Kind regards,