“Good hotel on fantastic location”

Apollo Hotel Utrecht City Centre
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Utrecht
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Staff that is willing to take an extra step for us. Very friendly willing to help and did their best to get to know a little bit about the background of the group I came with. That was great. The location, right in the middle of Utrecht city centre, with the market just outside the door is fantastic. And still it's a quiet place to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ApolloHotelUtrecht, General Manager at Apollo Hotel Utrecht City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

I, and the whole team, are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We were so happy that you enjoyed our service and locations and that we met your expecations.

It was our pleasure to welcome you and your very special guests in our hotel.

Please do come and visit us once again in the near future.

My kindest regards,
Tahlita Bon

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed there last january stuff was really friendly and helpfull.the hotel is in a good location(middle of city center) was easy to go anywhere from Apollo hotel.it was a clean hotel too.i can highly recomended.Thanx guys for a wonderfull time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your clean rooms, service and location. Please do come and visit us again in the near future.

My kindest regards,
Tahlita Bon

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in June 2013 and were pleasantly surprised by the convenient location and incredibly friendly service. Despite the reception area being a bit cramped especially during peak season, we were made to feel very welcome and our room was more than adequate. The free wi-fi in the lounge area along with free tea and coffee was another bonus. A large mall is literally 100 metres away and the city is very accessible by foot. On Saterdays the area right outside the hotel becomes a wonderful market, with lots of lovely food and clothes on sale. Just be aware that this takes over the parking area, which makes it a little difficult to check into the hotel if you are arriving by vehicle. On the while though we would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Phezulu

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Many thanks for taking the time to do this and I have have passed on your kind words to the rest of the team. I was delighted that you enjoyed all of our facilities that are offered for free and our location and staff.
Please do come and visit us again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Tahlita Bon, General Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very good hotel, Excelent location, kind staff, Excelent lounge. Good room, could be a bit more spaceius and renewed with very good, spaceous bathroom.
Only negative is chargeing WiFi in rooms so you have to go to lounge to contact home (free wifi there) and TV system breaking alot and not enough chanales (at least free once)...

Overol very good.

1  Thank dvukso
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I booked the Apollo expecting a 4 star hotel.
I wanted to find another hotel upon arriving at the sliding glass door. It has a great location yes, but it is barely a two star. The rooms are old, the furniture has seen it's time and the bathrooms are similar to those of a hostel. The reason I am not rating it with a one is because the staff was nice. I did not ask for another room because I think I had one of the best, overlooking the main street. In essence you realize that the hotel is not great from the lobby, as you walk in the hallways and when you enter your room. Upon entering my room I wanted to leave, it was sad and worn. I believe the hotel is great for groups or school trips but should be avoided for personal travel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Selvig

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback following your stay with us at the Apollo Hotel Utrecht.

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed the service from our staff. Hospitality and guest satisfaction are our main priority.

We are a 90 room property which was originally built in 1952 and have renovated the whole hotel including the rooms in 2010. I am very sorry to read that the experience you had abour our facilities was unsatisfying.We work hard to maintain our hotel and its facilities on a daily basis whilst ensuring that we provide every need and thoughtful extras that we believe that our guests will enjoy. Please accept my apologies that you found our rooms sad and worn. Please rest assured that we make a point of using any such constructive feedback in the most appropriate way.
I was so glad you found the hotel’s location convenient and I do hope you will join us again for a special occasion in the future.

Kind regards
Tahlita Bon, General Manager, Apollo Hotel Utrecht City Centre

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Location:
Apollo Hotel is locate absolutely centrally in the heart of Utrecht. All interesting locations are in walking distance from here.
But quite difficult to find.. even my driver had trouble to locate it.

Staff / Front desk / Lounge:
Very friendly and helpful. Changed my messed up Agoda booking for free. very cool.

Breakfast:
Ridiculous price for a standard buffet. Better to walk 5 minutes and have a fantastic breakfast
in one of the places along the waterways (Oudengracht) for less money.

Lounge:
Here free wifi and complimentary coffee.

Internet:
In-room internet is ridiculous expensive. better to have a free coffee or cappuccino in the lounge and use the free WiFi there.

Rooms:
Very small rooms, very soft beds, very simple bathroom.

Value-for-money:
Absolutely overpriced (but not alone in Utrecht center).
Especially considered the very small rooms and extra costs for breakfast and internet.

I was staying before in the Holiday Inn Papendorp, just 10 minutes by taxi from the city center.
Which was HALF THE PRICE and free breakfast and Wifi

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this hotel
1  Thank docstefano
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel is situated very close to the train station and shops, cafes etc. the rooms have timber floors and are noisy if someone above you walks in their stilettos. We had an executive club room which was reasonably priced compared to Amsterdam. Free minibar was not much and we also skipped the breakfast because 19 euro. The windows although double glazed let a lot of noise through and being on the corner was noisy. Staff were okay and helpful.

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple