B&B Gregorius
  • Pool
$63
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsother guestsliving roomthree nightsvisiting utrechtmarthasofacanalprivacy
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

B&B Gregorius is a gem. It truly deserves 5 stars.

My boyfriend and I booked a last minute trip to Utrecht over New Years Eve and what a treat to have found this place, and lucky for us, a room became available.

The room was immaculate, modern, inviting, and comfortable. The host has put a lot of time into renovating what used to be an old school. She has paid attention to the details and has created the best b&b experience we have had.

Our view was of the back courtyard, so it was quiet and on New Year's Eve, we were treated to a 360 view of Utrecht's amazing community spirit for fireworks! The sunken bathtub with mood lighting was relaxing and a highlight. The bed was comfortable with pristine white linen.

As our booking was last minute, the family was off on holiday so we didn't get to experience the breakfast, however, we had access to the kitchen and lounge freely to make it feel like home.

Our hostess was friendly, courteous, helpful, and respectful of our privacy. It is clear she enjoys owning a b&b.

We will stay again in a heartbeat and I encourage everyone who reads this to book...it is a unique gem amongst drab comparison.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

It was my second stay at B&B Gregorius, and as the first time, I was totally charmed .... Very comfortable, clean, nice decoration, very good located on a quite place but nearly close to the center of Utrecht. And, last but not least, the breakfast is really healthy and complete. Service is better than in some 5 stars hotels and Martha does everything to be sure you feel as at home.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very welcoming owner to this lovely, comfortable B&B which is centrally located on a canal in Utrecht.

The room is spacious with a lovely king sized bed, modern bathroom and a shared balcony with the other guest room. We ate breakfast out at one of Martha's recommendations, (Carla's cafe ) just round the corner which was very good. There are cooking facilities in the shared kitchen should you want to prepare your own food.

We took a train to Amsterdam, only 30 minutes away, for a visit to the Rijksmuseum and on our return decided we prefer Utrecht to Amsterdam! It is cleaner, quieter and just as pretty.

If you are looking for a comfortable, homely,central place to stay in Utrecht you can't beat this B&B.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Reviews don't lie in this case. Amazing experience. It was truly a four star b&b experience. Great room, balcony and bathroom. Absolutely wonderful host who made the breakfast just like I wanted and when I wanted. What more can I ask.

I've seen many places where they have tried to do a "design room", but so often the attention to details is missing. Here it was the opposite. Small details make the experience so smooth. It's a classy place to stay, but it doesn't feel like you have to dress up for the experience. I will come back. :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Perttu T
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is the best B&B I've ever stayed at. Wonderful location, great host, super clean and comfortable rooms! I also enjoyed the nice breakfast that was served in the morning! Highly recommend to any one who wishes to have a pleasant stay in Utrecht!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business