“My favorite in the area ”
Review of Spiehuis

Spiehuis
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Soestdijk
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Classic, old-style restaurant serving classic dishes with traditional good service that puts the customer first. After having visited once, they have never forgotten our name, my favorite dishes and my husband's favorite wine. Impressive!

Reviewed July 17, 2015

This place was a joy. Cl;assic european/dutch cuisine with a country classic interior.
Prices of the wine were on the expensive side. The menu was reasonable in price. Fish was overcooked, meat was fine.

Reviewed May 25, 2015

I was taken here for my birthday dinner. It was a great success. Not only is the food excellent and the quantities just right, but the service which is extremely friendly manages also to be non-intrusive.

Reviewed January 14, 2015

For many years and for innumerous times we have had lunch or dinner at the Restaurant “het Spiehuis” in Soestdijk, the Netherlands.
Without any doubt this is one of the best Restaurants in the Netherlands and I am amazed that it never received an appropriate recognition like a Michelin star. But like many frequent guests I am also thankful they never received a Michelin Star, due to their popularity it is already difficult enough to get a table.
The food is incredibly nice and their service and attention impeccable. What else is there to say!
A lifetime achieving award for the Families Herfst would be appropriate just like an official recognition for Hans, the kindest and most attentive waiter possible.

I have never have commented on other reviews on Tripadvisor however now I would like to make an exception. To the party who wrote the only negative feedback posted for this restaurant on Tripadvisor I would simply like to say that they are a bunch of idiots. I am sure there was a very good reason why service to them was denied. The mere fact that they therefore wrote this negative feedback, criticizing the quality of the food, proofs the owners right.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

That's what it really is. Great traditional food. I normaly don't write about the menu as taste is very personal. But in this case I make an exeption: the dover sole. You won't regret it.
But everything else is good including the wine list and the very friendly and attentive service. The setting of the restaurant is classic/romantic.
The only "negative": you will have to book your table well in advance.