“Great Service - but got bitten by bugs!” 4 of 5 stars

Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche
Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baarn
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Service - but got bitten by bugs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I was here for a conference last year. The hotel is splendid and the staff were fantastic. I arrived late and was too tired to have a meal even though some clients had put on dinner for me, the young man on front desk insisted I ate something and said that he would have it sent up to my room. The staff were very caring and attentive.

The rooms looked as though they had only recently been refurbished and were very tastefully decorated, with good amenities and my room was very large and had a fantasic view of the front gardens.

The only downside was that I was bitten by something on my ankle and when I came back from my trip my ankle had swollen to double its size. I had to take some antihistemine to get the swelling down : (

Stayed October 2008, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2006

It looks a lovely place - a fine castle in splendid grounds... I know because I made a detour to go and see the place before booking 6 weeks ahead for a surprise for my wife's 50th birthday... a deluxe room at 160 Euro. Just one week before, the hotel phoned me to say that our room would be noisy until 1am, because of a wedding party in the room immediately below. No, they could not offer me another room. No, they would not offer me a reduction. I said that I would accept it given such short notice to find anywhere else, and if it was really bad, I would then request some compensation. Two days later, they phoned my wife (my name was on the booking) and told her they were phoning about the booking I'd made! Aaargghh!!! Even the surprise was now gone. I phoned them back - they would transfer me to another hotel 20 km away: this would be 174Euro including breakfast, compared with 189Euro for Hooge Vuursche including breakfast. No, they wouldn't offer me a further reduction. I cancelled my booking... and I never got to see the inside.

Stayed July 2006
2 Thank Archie-King
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baarn
Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen
Hotel Ernst Sillem Hoeve
#1 of 1 in Den Dolder
4.0 of 5 stars 84 reviews
Van der Valk Hotel Amersfoort A1

Been to Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche

Property: Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche
Address: Hilversumsestraatweg 14, 3744 KC Baarn, The Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands > Utrecht Province > Baarn
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baarn
Hotel Class:4 star — Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, HRS, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.