“a little gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baarn
London, United Kingdom
“a little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Nestling in the woods this little hotel is a very nice place to spend so effective business time. Just finished a meeting here for two days and really managed to 'get out of the office'. Food was very good and the rooms are very comfortable. Very good access to Schiphol airport too....traffic permitting!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here for one day & night to celebrate the wedding of friends. The hotel sits in beautiful surroundings and we all had a wonderful time. The staff were extremely helpful and tastefully unobstrusive. Our room was very big and comfortable with good amenities and had the added bonus of a view of the front gardens and fountains. The wedding party were the only guests staying in the hotel which made everyone very relaxed. The food was exceptional and I can't fault the service at the bar.
All in all a wonderful location for a wedding :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I was here for a conference last year. The hotel is splendid and the staff were fantastic. I arrived late and was too tired to have a meal even though some clients had put on dinner for me, the young man on front desk insisted I ate something and said that he would have it sent up to my room. The staff were very caring and attentive.

The rooms looked as though they had only recently been refurbished and were very tastefully decorated, with good amenities and my room was very large and had a fantasic view of the front gardens.

The only downside was that I was bitten by something on my ankle and when I came back from my trip my ankle had swollen to double its size. I had to take some antihistemine to get the swelling down : (

Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2006

It looks a lovely place - a fine castle in splendid grounds... I know because I made a detour to go and see the place before booking 6 weeks ahead for a surprise for my wife's 50th birthday... a deluxe room at 160 Euro. Just one week before, the hotel phoned me to say that our room would be noisy until 1am, because of a wedding party in the room immediately below. No, they could not offer me another room. No, they would not offer me a reduction. I said that I would accept it given such short notice to find anywhere else, and if it was really bad, I would then request some compensation. Two days later, they phoned my wife (my name was on the booking) and told her they were phoning about the booking I'd made! Aaargghh!!! Even the surprise was now gone. I phoned them back - they would transfer me to another hotel 20 km away: this would be 174Euro including breakfast, compared with 189Euro for Hooge Vuursche including breakfast. No, they wouldn't offer me a further reduction. I cancelled my booking... and I never got to see the inside.

Stayed July 2006
2 Thank Archie-King
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baarn
Hotel-Restaurant Promenade
Hotel Villa Trompenberg
#1 of 5 in Hilversum
4.5 of 5 stars 40 reviews
Hotel Hilversum - de Witte Bergen

Been to Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche? Share your experiences!