“Nice Stay”

Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Amersfoort
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I had multiple stay in this hotel between March until July 2014. The staff are helpful. The breakfast is okay since they started providing the bacon and scrambled egg as another alternative to the previously self prepare boiling egg. The location is in the city center. Across the street you can see some shops and cinema. The train station is only walking distance.

Stayed: June 2014
Martin L, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Mosokul C.

Thank you for your nice review. We are happy to read that the changes we made in our breakfast offerings, please you.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel whilst visiting customers/suppliers in the area and found it to be excellent, i had booked a suite on the tenth floor, which was huge and very comfortable. It was a shame I couldn't have stayed longer.
Breakfast is wonderful - not too much but just the right amount and of very good quality (fresh juice always a good sign of this).
As previous reviewers have mentioned it is very convenient for the centre of town too.
The lady checking me out deserves special recognition for her excellent friendly service. I didn't catch her name but she was working reception on the morning of 21/7 and made me a coffee whilst I waited to meet my colleague. Thank you!

Room Tip: Stretch yourself and get a suite on the 10th floor if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Martin L, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear GorillaFoot,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the our Mercure Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback. Thank you!

We are glad you enjoyed our complimentary coffee service. Moreover, we are happy to offer all our departing guests a complimentary cup of coffee when departing (as a take away) or when waiting in the lobby. We love to be of assistance to start your day (even) better.

We will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

A bit issue to find the parking garage , but the staff was really accomodated ! Room huge and confy bed, clean and totally to my satisfaction !!!! Would deffi come back !...... I havent use the restaurant but i love the tea and coffee machine downstair at the reception ... The coffee was nice too... Worth the money i paid for

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Martin L, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Ephie L.

Thank you for your most friendly words about our staff and hotel. We appreciate them a lot. And as you find our hotel worth the money you paid for, we are sure to welcome you back. Maybe even soonest.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Spent two comfortable nights at this hotel and, as before, it was a very pleasant stay.
Garage parking free of charge, close to railway station and city centre.
Bar & restaurant in the same building, spacious rooms and friendly staff.
Highly recommended !

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Martin L, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Hans M.

Thank you so much for your friendly words and 5 star rating. For this, we do it! Please come again. You are expected!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Fairly new hotel located about 5-min walk from Amersfoort Train station (direct trains in from Schipol airport) and 10-min walk to the town centre (loads of places to eat in the town centre). Did not need public transport during my 5-day stay in this town. There were a number of eateries and a cinema just a minute away. Felt safe taking a walk in the evening. It's not completely deserted as it's close to residential buildings and the main road.
The hotel staff were friendly and always happy to help.
The room has loads of space and a massive power shower. I wasn't quite happy with the twin beds instead of a double bed. I could only use one of the duvets which was too small.
The room was well cleaned and had this fresh new room feel. The noise levels were ok - window was open all night and I slept ok, maybe because I was on the 7th floor.
The food served at breakfast was nice. There is not a lot on the hot side - just eggs and bacon. Room service menu is a limited but the food was really tasty. The restaurant doesn't serve dinner but there is a really good restaurant on the 2nd floor open till 10pm.
The only issue I had was at check-in where I was told to pay a check-in deposit of 350 euros even though my company was paying for my stay. Money was refunded a day after I left though.
All in all, I had a very good stay.
A.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Martin L, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear TravellingAstrid,

We very much appreciate your 'really good' comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Then again, I am sorry that your experience did not meet all your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
I will share all your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We hope your next visit will be (even) more pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I have now stayed at this hotel for eight weeks in total with my company and I will be checking out tomorrow. I have found this hotel to be definitely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in and I will definitely be coming back here to stay on a weekend break. The hotel staff, reception and barstaff make you feel like it's your second home and are very friendly, helpful and professional. As I have mentioned before the 24 hour gym and the all you can eat restaurant next to the hotel are fantastic. The rooms are very modern and spacious and to a very high standard. I will be definitely coming back here in my leisure time. This is so far the best mercure hotel I have stayed in.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Martin L, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Dear Jez S.

Wow! Thank you so much for all the praise in words and rating. We all at Mercure Amersfoort appreciate that a lot! It makes us proud knowing you have such a good time in our hotel.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as 'fantastic' as the previous ones.
Be 'home' soon!