“Excellent authentic Italian food!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of san giorgio

san giorgio
Ranked #50 of 210 Restaurants in Amersfoort
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Barcelona, España
“Excellent authentic Italian food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I go really often to Amersfoort for work and I am really happy I have finally found a restaurant which offers great food and makes me feel at home.
Authentic , fresh and natural Italian food (from Sardegna) with friendly service.
I have already been there many times!

• Visited January 2014

California
“Excellent food made me overlook the bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Nice place in the middle of the charming town of Amersfoort. I ordered a salad, glass of wine, and a pasta dish. The salad came and then I sat there waiting for the wine and pasta. I was reluctant to ask about the wine because I did not want to be the "ugly American". After 20 minutes I asked and 10 minutes later the wine arrived. After that, again nothing came. Once again I did not want to make a deal of it so I just waited. After another 30 minutes (yes...60 minutes after the salad and 30 after the wine) I asked and they immediately brought the pasta. Needless to say, I did not stay for dessert.

But the food was so good, I still would probably go back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fresh and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My beef filet was perfectly prepared and the accompanying roasted vegetables were crisp, hot and subtly seasoned. The mozzarella di buffala was fresh. The waitstaff were very attentive.

Visited June 2014
Bunschoten, The Netherlands
“Real Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Best Italian restaurant I ever ate. Not your average Italian pizzaplace but real quality. And a very nice location too!

Amersfoort
“A very good place for italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Just back from a dinner with family and friends and again a good evening at San Giorgio.
The owner, Luciano, is always kind and the staff as well, very discret but at the same time ready if you need something.
The nice thing of this restaurant is the open kitchen, where you can see the preparation of the dishes, the ingredients they use and the smell and flavour of the Italian kitchen, as during my childness in my grandmother kitchen in Italy.
Going to the food: pizza contadina (with grilled vegetables), seabass with cherry tomato and olives, grilled steak with light tomato sauce; these were what we had and all of them were ok, tasty, simple and well cooked.
Sufficent wine list, maybe a bit expensive, but here you know the quality is a priority (the owner also shoed me the fishes in the fridge just bought for this evening and believe it was absolutely ok).

• Visited September 2013