“Kind & Caring”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Amersfoort
Bellingham, Washington
“Kind & Caring”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I come to Barnevald a few times per year on business, and since finding Berghotel, have made it my choice whenever I am in the area. Earlier this year I came down with the flu while staying and could not depart as scheduled. I called down to reception and they quickly accommodated my need to stay. They also offered to call a doctor and/or go to the Pharmacy for me, and asked if they could call to check on me during the day. As promised, they called to check my condition a few times and each time they let me know that they also put a tray of tea or soup outside my door in case it would help. A very nice hotel with incredible people.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms in the wing that is on your right as you are facing reception area.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed here whilst on business at the nearby Army camp just down the road. The hotel is in a good location at the top of a hill, hence the name. the public areas are good and bright. The reception desk is small and tucked away, on my arrival the one receptionist was on the phone and did not acknowledge my prescence, I was waiting a good 10 minutes despite other staff members coming an going from the reception area. The rooms are well equiped but are very dull, grey walls, grey bathroom tiles, dark carpet and furniture. A more neutral colour scheme would be very welcome. The weirdest ever bathroom sink too, a slit for the drain and no way to keep water in the sink! The restaurant area was also very dark, brown everything and dim lighting and the menu was very limited with not much choice available. Would I stay here again? Yes, overall I was very satisfied with my stay and would be happy to return.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel are quiet and face East so you get the rising sun in your room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Devon
Reviewed May 8, 2014

we only used this hotel as a base to visit a number of locations in the area. so it is difficult to comment on a number of areas. we didn't eat in the restaurant and the price was part of a package so not sure what we can say about that. the bar prices are not outrageous but not much atmosphere. its a pity there is no pool or spa for a hotel of this size we would have expected it. It is ideally located for the local town of Amersfoort, just a short bike ride (which you can hire from the hotel) and you are in the centre of this beautiful town well worth a walk round. the rooms are standard but clean and tidy. the staff were very helpful and friendly. if you need a hotel in this area then you would do well to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We went here to spend the night, via booking.com. 50 euros for spending the night on a Friday/Saturday is not bad at all! Personnel/service was excellent. Room was a bit small but seen the price it was more then ok! Beds were good. We did not have breakfast but had some drinks on the evening in the lounge/bar were complimentary peanut mix was served!

Room Tip: Walls are not too thick, if you have noisy neighbours i can imagine that you can hear them (too good...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We always stop here when we come to Amersfort from the UK to visit our family. Never fails to impress, can't speak highly enough of the staff, food, room & service. Keep it going & well be back very soon. Attention to detail is always superb, thank you again for making my families visit superb.

Stayed February 2014
patrickvanos69, Manager at Best Western Plus Berghotel Amersfoort, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us; at your service!
Antwerp-Belgium
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Having to attend a huge congress in Amsterdam I decided to take my GF along and spend a nice extra day in the neighbourhood. Using the excellent browsing and filter-on-price possibilities of a well known website I ended up with this Berghotel.
I was astonished by the low pricing compared to the excellent service they provided. By accident there was a big local commercial event going on at the site but it caused no nuisance at all. The cute receptionist was very helpful and had great knowledged about the area for tourists like us. The room was big clean and wealthy and spotted coffee and tea.
The breakfast buffet could compete with the larger expensive ***** hotels my company normally books.
So if on a trip to Amersfoort, don't look any further....

PS these people also organise events and it was ashame I was not part of the one going on as it all looked gorgious...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
patrickvanos69, General Manager at Best Western Plus Berghotel Amersfoort, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your nice review; at your service!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amersfoort
NH Amersfoort
Mercure Hotel Amersfoort Centre
Best Western City Hotel Woerden
Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel Uithoorn
Kasteel De Vanenburg, BW Premier Collection

Been to Best Western Plus Berghotel Amersfoort? Share your experiences!