“Outstanding”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Yarm
“Outstanding”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I visited here end Aug 2013 so a little late in writing the review!!
Myself and a fellow chef that are interested in the Michelin scene decided to eat here and travelled from UK for dinner.
Upon arrival, chef Boer knew exactly who we were as we had had some correspondence via twitter. We sat outside in the warm and enjoyed a glass of champagne whilst we were given a taster menu to peruse. There were several options to choose from. Johnnie Boer then came to us, explained the menu and had a general chat. We were served serveral amuse bouche outdoors before his wife Theresa (front of house) took our order.
Chef then told us he was taking us to sit at the chefs table for the first half of our meal and then experience the second half from the dining room - a great gesture.
The food undoubtedly was what you would expect from one of the worlds finest restaurants. Chef kept bringing us extra courses as well which was very much appreciated!! Oppurtunities to take photos of the food were available throughout the meal.
A definite visit for any keen foodie / chef for sure. Service impeccable - a very reasonable priced wine list, not one fault. My dessert of foie gras, goats cheese, green bean juice and unripened strawberries is something that i will still taste years from now.
On another note for UK readers - fly into Schippol airport and it is very easy to get the train to Zwolle (about an hour) and about 12 euro if i remember correctly. Once there it is fairly simple to get to.

• Visited August 2013

• Slovak first
Ostend, Belgium
“Superb”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

As gourmet fan I enjoy great restaurants. This restaurant and its chef are renowned and awarded with 3 Michelin stars. We booked a table for lunch on thursday which ment that there was a special 10 year Michelin stars-Menu. Superb food for a super price. The food was Original, local and presented in a art-fashioned way. The service was out of this world by a wonderfull team. Just great, I cannot wait to go back.....

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Peter-Jan-0512
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Simply excellent”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

De Librije manages to balance excellent service with a friendly smile and a warm atmosphere, not an easy thing to do. However they do it so well that you instantly feel at home and ready to enjoy the meal, and what a meal. The tasting menu with wine was fantastic, simply first class. Thank you.

Visited May 2014
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
“What else is there to say - food heaven”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

De Librije is one of the most famous restaurants in the Netherlands and well deserved,,it is food heaven. Taking food and whine to a whole new level. Dining at de Librije is an experience I will never forget. Every dish is a piece of art and the whines accompanying the courses are incredible.
We also got a tour of the kitchen and were served coffee in Zusje, their annex.
And just to reassure critics, you donot go away hungry, that is a myth!

• Visited May 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Super fantastic evening!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

WOW! From the moment we got in there we knew this was going to be a great meal. The room is lovely, they only have a very small number of tables and they are spaced perfectly so that you are not too close to anyone else. We had a back corner table which was great. The staff are very lovely and friendly. The food immediately impressed, the multiple amuses were all very inventive and tasty and all presented in fun and interesting ways meaning that everything you were presented with was exciting.
I really don't have even one bad thing to say about this place, and to be honest I don't really want to go into any more detail about the food because part of why it was so fantastic was the fact that there was an element of surprise. Everything was great and the attention to detail was really outstanding.
I saw a couple of other people on here complain that the tasting menu was confusing, but I think that's unfair, it is just unusual the way you pick your courses, but I quite liked that.
It is possibly important to note that the hotel (which is completely fantastic too) is not actually in the same building, it is about a 5 min walk away. This isn't a problem though as there is a driver who will take you, or if it is a nice evening (and you aren't wearing shoes which are too uncomfortable) it is a very pretty walk.

A few nights later we ate at the other 3 star restaurant in the Netherlands, De Leest, and I can say that it completely paled in comparison to de Librije. I can honestly say that this is one of the best meals I have ever had in my life! I cannot wait to go back to De Librije!!

• Visited April 2014