“Very good breakfast”

Theater Hotel Almelo
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Almelo
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Free parking but only free Internet for 30 minute sessions. Bed a bit tired. Good shower and bathroom. Very quiet yet near all facilities.

• Stayed: September 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (2,218)

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Been here three times the last three years, and it has been upgraded every time to the better. The hotel has a nice atmosphere due to its connection to the old theater, and a lot of space in the cafeteria placed in the lobby. Earlier the breakfast was poor, but this last visit this was much better, with a new breakfast buffet. The rooms are spacious with a good working desk, terrace and a good chair. My rooms always had bathrooms with both shower and bathtub. The interior is a little wear down in different places. The staff is friendly. No experience with the meeting rooms, but there are several of them.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2011

These guys accepted by room service order for 22:00 being warned that we would return to hotel after midnight and we asked to deliver it to the room while we are out. After arrival at 00:30 they said they could not deliver because we were out (!) . Then they claimed we have never warned them that we would be out of room. I had to come to face the girl who had taken my order and she said "yes, you warned me but it was my error, still You have to pay". So, no food was delivered and they billed me for that room service ! Never ever again to this hotel !!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hotels188603
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Attended the 65th Liberation tour with the Ontario Fire Service pipes and drums.
Food was great, hotel staff were excellent (especially if you make an effort to speak Dutch)
rooms were clean as was the rest of the hotel. No problems for the 10 days we stayed there. Very safe and elegant. Very close to all ammenities. The Dutch people were excellent hosts and the entire trip was very enjoyable!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed September 15, 2010

The deluxe rooms are newest and really very nice. The standard rooms are not that special And older. In Dutch we always say about this chain "a lot for a little" meaning you get quantity more than quality. As written the new Deluxe rooms are very nice, large and luxurious. Breakfast was bad organised and poor quality. No fresh juice and cheap quality cuts. It was a mess but maybe I just arrived at the wrong moment. In this area I know no better hotel (little choice)

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I have just joined trip advisor,but this review is from my 1 year spent in this hotel (mon - thurs) due to business. My only criticism is that they do not supply toiletries !!!
The staff were brlliant without exception,all of the time,and i saw a lot of them. The food is a little expensive in the resturant,but very good. The rooms are very large and comfortable (the best pillows ever) and very quiet considering there is a theatre within the hotel.
Almelo itself is a very pretty little town and the hotel is about 30 secs. walk from the centre were there are some very good little bars and eateries (particularly the irish bar !)

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2008

I visited my husband for 2 nights, who was staying here on business.

The hotel was situated centrally near all the shops, restaurant and was walking distance fromthe train station.

Even though there were building works going on whilst staying I would still rate this the full 5 stars. The service from everyone we dealt with was excellent. The hotels public areas are stylish, clean and spacious. We were staying in one of the new rooms which were very, very good. It was spacious with good quality furniture and fittings. The bathroom had both a separate large shower and a jacuzzi bath. The beds were extremely comfortable.

Breakfast was buffet style with a chef freshly preparing eggs and delivering them to your table.

We ate in the Oude Societe restaurant which was truly amazing. We ate the Chefs Menu and each course was interesting and amazingly tasty. Very highly recommended.

I'm very picky but couldn't pick a hole in this hotel. If you'd like any more details I'd be happy to answer any questions.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dawnflake
Also consider these accommodations in or near Almelo
Preston Palace Almelo
Landhotel 't Elshuys
#1 of 1 in Albergen
Het Wapen Van Delden Motel
Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Sallandse Heuvelrug

Been to Theater Hotel Almelo? Share your experiences!