Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Zaandam
$87
$57
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Zaandam(Zaandam)(Great Value!)
$61
$103
$240
$220
  • Pool
MOXY by Marriott Amsterdam Houthavens(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Ibis Amsterdam City West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Restaurant
MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam City West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$90
  • Bar/Lounge
$108
  • Breakfast included
1,759 results
All reviewstrain stationjunior suitequirky hotelamazing hotelsteam roomshopping centreprivate saunaa bit priceyshops and restaurantsthe hustle and bustlezaanse schansten minutesmini bartrains runhigh streetlong weekendper person
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel tries hard to be Dutch. They managed with the very interesting design. The rooms are comfortable and very modern. Most rooms have good views over the city and surrounding country side. The lobby is efficient and the hotel is well placed next to the railway station. The service is typicall dutch, i.e. friendly but not very professional

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Monique D, Sales Assistant at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Zaandam, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Mjelling,

Thank you so much for posting this review.

We’re happy to read that you have enjoyed our modern and comfortable rooms. We have 160 rooms and each room has its own theme from the region.

We are happy that you’ve enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we hope that you’ll choose to stay Inntel Hotel Amsterdam Zaandam again.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed in the Inntel hotel in Zaandam for 3 night in August and this hotel was excellent from start to finish.

This hotel stands out from the other buildings around it due to the strange shape and multi coloured wooden exterior, to the waterfall starting outside the dining room.

with regards to the inside, there was a very airt reception with helpful friendly staff, a bar and dining room
After checking in I was told my room was on floor 10 and shown to the lift. I did not know what to expect regarding the room as this was my first stay there but on opening the Door I was greeted with a room big enough to host a small party, it had the biggest double bed I have ever seen right down to a whirlpool bath and personnel sauna.
I decided to explore and on the second floor (I think) there was a gym, sauna, steam room, and pool which was a god send, nothing beats relaxing in the pool after work

Outside the hotel is right at the end on a new shopping street c/e take aways cinema clothes shops etc which was excellent, the train station was basically on the door step and you were about 5 mins from restaurants, bars, and a fun fair.

All in all I did not want to leave but upon check out the reception staff arranged my taxi and while I was waiting having breakfast ensured my luggage was safe and stored (for free) in their luggage room.

would love to go back and stay a bit longer

Room Tip: try and get room 1012
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Monique D, Sales Assistant at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Zaandam, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear tomjew

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review. We’re very happy to read that you’ve had an excellent stay in our hotel.

How nice that you’ve appreciated our spacious and luxurious suite and that you’ve also enjoyed the relaxation in our Wellness and our special pool. They are indeed a welcome relief after a busy working day.

We thank you for staying at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Zaandam and we would very much like to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is amazing! So unique and modern I would recommend it to everyone.

I upgraded our room to a junior suite which had its own whirlpool bath and sauna and the biggest comfiest bed I've ever seen!! I would definitely recommend upgrading if you can as the suite was massive, modern and lovely decor.

We had dinner in the hotel one evening and it was lovely and the staff were polite and friendly.

We stayed 3 nights and had breakfast 2 of the mornings... Quite expensive at 16 euro per person but such a range of food (and Prosseco!!!) and the restaurant itself is lovely.

So close to the station and Amsterdam central, Zaandam itself is lovely too for when you don't want to go to the hustle and bustle of Dam square.

Would recommend this hotel to everyone and would love to visit again.... The one thing I would say is check your bill when you check out as we were overcharged by 32 euro and were told it would be refunded straight away but it's been 3 days and haven't got it - emailed yesterday so hopefully I'll get a positive response soon!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Monique D, Sales Assistant at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Zaandam, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Amystokes888,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel on this website. How nice to read that you’ve appreciated the Founders Junior Suite and that you enjoyed the dishes we served in restaurant Puur Saen. Our kitchen staff are doing their utmost best to serve the best dishes with ingredients from our region. I have checked with our Front Desk and the correction was already processed last week so it should be in your account by now.

We’re looking forward to give you a warm welcome back in our hotel.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very comfortable room. Excellent breakfast available for 16 Euros. Very modern and new hotel with exquisite exterior design. Shops nearby and a short walk to the village center with several restaurants. A simpler breakfast at a much lower cost is only a few steps along the walkway just outside the hotel. Two things would have helped our visit: an explanation that a room key needs to be inserted into a gismo in the room to activate the interior lights, a necessity for us after driving 10 hours from Copenhagen, arriving at 11 p.m.; and addition of electrical outlets on both sides of the headboard for people like us that require CPAP machines for sleep apnea. I had to make two trips down to the reception desk to address both of these issues. Extension cords were made available, so we stayed in the original room; however, I think that they missed the boat in omitting such a simple thing as sufficient wall outlets by the beds. Would I stay there again? Yes, but it is a bit pricey, and I prefer pensions to hotels.
The train station is a short walk; I presume that there are good connections to Amsterdam Zentrum. We had a car to use, so we didn't make use of the close train station.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jim,

Thank you very much for your posting on this website. We’re happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you appreciated the comfort of your room. I’m glad that our front desk was able to help you with the extension cords. We hope to welcome you back as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Where to start. Location- 1 minute from the Zaandam station, with trains leaving every few minutes for Amsterdam Centraal , the airport or dozens of other sites in the Netherlands. Located at one end of a fabulous pedestrian shopping mall that leads to a restaurant square.
Staff- from reception, housekeeping, bar/lounge and the manager, everyone is friendly and amazingly helpful.
Rooms- very nice, European in size, but very comfortable.
Amenities-everything you would expect in a bigger hotel, but this one has a patio on a canal with a waterfall, cool or what? The first time you see it from the train, you say, "wow."
We liked it here so much, that when a day trip to Amsterdam got rained out, we were not that upset.
There are a couple of minor observations to make it even better. In some rooms there is a window in the shower, to let natural light in, but at night the bathroom light is too bright, waking up the other person. Maybe a blind?
I would suggest a sign at the entrance to the lounge directing new arrivals (by train) to the whereabouts of reception.
This is quite probably one my favourite hotels in the world. Did I mention the amazing breakfast in the only fold up buffet room I have ever seen.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mall/canal.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Monique D, Sales Assistant at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Zaandam, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear JazboOttawa,

Thank you so much for your time and effort to share your experience in our hotel. We are delighted to read that noticed the positive location and the ambiance of our hotel with ofcourse our beautiful waterfall feature. As far as we know we are unique with the fold up buffet in the world. I will pass your compliment to our team.

We’re looking forward to receive you as our guest again in the near future.