“The only hotel near the fields”

Hotel Restaurant De Nachtegaal
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lisse
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Everyone else has said it - a little tired. The staff is overworked. BUT - you can go to the airport in Amsterdam, catch the bus to Lisse, get off at the stop right across from the hotel. The view is on the tulip fields, and you leave in the morning, walk to the fields 10 minutes away. Spend the day at the gardens, be overwhelmed with color, and come back completely satisfied. The next day you can rent a bike there at the hotel and bike around to see the fields - 14 euros for the whole day if I remember correctly. Then the next day you can go back to the airport on the bus, having never had to rent a car. Love this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Elyn M

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I booked this hotel for 2 nights during the weekend of the flower parade in April.The reservation was made through booking.com in August 2011. There is a bus stop just in front of the hotel. The view was beautiful. However, the front desk staff particularly a lady called "Francis" was very rude. She told us that we had only booked one night!! after showing her our reservation, she changed her words and said the hotel was overbooked! therefore she asked us to stay in the room for one night, check out the next morning and re-check in the second afternoon for the second night!!! no single word of apology as if it was our fault and not a mistake from their side. The next morning just before I checked out, I explained the story to another lady at the front desk "Ingrid" and simply gave us the second night in the same room without a fuss. Ingrid was a very nice cooperative lady. If it wasn't for her I would of given it poor instead of average. The rooms were dated and the furniture not very clean. We ate at the steak house at the hotel and the service was poor and got us the wrong order. However, the food was good. The only reason one would stay in this hotel is that if you wanted to be close to the Keukenhof garden as it is 15 min walk away and probably if you visit midweek ask for a room with a view on the tulip fields.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kalshaibi
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for ten nights and just returned home and wanted to write this review. This hotel has many pros and cons and I wanted to list them for everyone. Location is everything for this hotel if you are staying during the spring tulip season and will be attending Keukenhof frequently. This hotel is only about four minutes from Keukenhof. Parking is also free, and the property also offers free wireless internet. The food in the restaurant is superb. The wireless internet does not work properly if you are staying on the back end of the property. Also, many units offer a shower only, and I had to ask them to move me into a room that had a bathtub/shower combination. The rooms are dated and worn, and need renovation, especially when you consider the high room rate that you pay during the spring season. There are no concession machines located throughout and all snacks/beverages have to be purchased at the reception for a costly premium. The housekeeping department does not clean the rooms as they should, and make no real effort to make the beds properly. When i checked out of the hotel, I suggested that the rooms be remodeled to bring them into the 21st century. I can now understand why Golden Tulip dropped this property. I would stay here again, but only because of the convenience and location next to the Keukenhof.

Room Tip: Stay close to the reception if it is necessary for you to work and get their wireless internet to co...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Holland_Fanatic
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This hotel left me and my partner feeling very unwelcome to the point where we left the same day we booked in. Even though they refused a refund after we had only just dropped our bags in the room, before finding a large bloodstain on our sheets. This hotel has put us off visiting the netherlands ever again. The staff are the some of the most arrogant and unplestant people i have ever encountered, and we have stayed all over the world.

3  Thank keentosee
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed 3 nights as a base for visiting Keukenhof and Amsterdam. Hotel staff helpful and pleasant. Room a bit tired and reasonably clean but stains on carpet put my wife off. Room comfortable. Had dinner - excellent food cooked before your eyes. Wonderful food but a bit expensive, suppose you can't have it both ways. Good base but only average score. Possibly in need of a refit.

1  Thank Nick C
Reviewed April 12, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A P
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for two nights. I had a mixed experience.

Location wise, Hotel is in a small town (rather village) of Lisse. This means very limited public transport access. And by car, about 30 plus kilometers from Amsterdam center. If one intends to visit, Keukenhof, this would be the best choice one can make.

Ambiance wise, rooms are spacious and hotel is well constructed. It has in-house restaurant and other options are limited to a McDonalds at about 500m. On positive side, this McD opens till late mid night.

Hotel provides free parking. This is a big positive.

Staff is okay but one girl was rude. I asked help as I could not connect to WiFi but she plainly said "I provided WiFi name and password. I cannot help further". There was another incident as well -:)

Overall, I will not choose as my first option but may stay if I do not find anything else.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank punitworld
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisse
Hotel Restaurant Grand Cafe Flora
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin
Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin
#3 of 27 in Noordwijk

Been to Hotel Restaurant De Nachtegaal? Share your experiences!