“If I could I stayed forever in this park” 5 of 5 bubbles

Private Tour: Full Day at Keukenhof Gardens from Amsterdam
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Lisse
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Keukenhof? That’s the place to see spring blossom. The park is unique, world famous, and has been one of the most popular destinations in the Netherlands for sixty years now. Haven’t seen Keukenhof? Then you haven’t seen the Netherlands. You won’t find such an abundance of colours and fragrances anywhere else. More than seven million flowers form a glorious decor for the most beautiful photos. Come to Keukenhof and enjoy the ultimate spring feeling, the wonderful works of art, the surprising insipration gardens and the many flower shows.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Tyumen, Russia
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“If I could I stayed forever in this park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

An amazing place, worth visiting at least once in your life. Unfortunately this year spring was late and when I was in the park not all the flowers were flourishing yet. But still....I spent there 5 hours and checked every corner of the place. There are a few show-rooms with different exhibitions of flowers. Tulips are fantastic, I never seen so many different types and colors and the smell.....I think after my visiting this place every flower has a passport with its picture:)) My camera died, my mini ipad died and my phone was close to that because I took pictures of every flower, so beautiful they are. This park is definitely a must for visiting because you get so many positive impressions and memories that nothing else can give.

1 Thank ShOS346

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Keukenhof = Kitchen Garden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We never get enough of visiting Keukenhof. First visit was some years ago with my Mom coming all the way from San Francisco area visiting us here in Norway. Second was when we took a 5 nights cruise from Oslo and back, stopping at Amsterdam. Together with close friends we took the package tour to Keukenhof. And the third time was together with the college close friend of my wife coming from New York. With those visits, there's always new ideas to enjoy and learn and apply those ideas to your own garden.
I suggest for the readers to be there when they open the gates so you'll have enough time to enjoy each of their attractions. To sit in one or more of their gardens you fancy, rests your feet, just disconnect and enjoy pure nature. Be sure to charge your camera's batteries or have a extra one cause you'll be shooting lot's of picture. Not to mention to have a real walking shoes. A small bottle of water would be good to have in your back pack. Highly recommended, they have a boat like a bus touring their own canal cruising through the tulips fields. It's like looking at the place on the flip side of the coin. Mind you, it's electric powered motor so it's quite. At closing time, sometimes they have left over amaryllis bulbs which they just give away. Best time to visit is mid April to early May.
My mom will be celebrating her 80th birthday next year, hopefully we can take her back there again cause Tulips are her most favorite flower.

2 Thank Ramon756
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must for garden lovers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I went to Keukenhof gardens (Lisse the Netherlands) this April - 2013. We spent a whole day there but it was not enough! Although a lot of the plants were not in bloom (delayed because of a harsh winter), there was still so much to see and do. It is a beautiful place - only open for a short period each year. It is immaculate, there's plenty of interest for children and adults alike and there were lots of indoor displays to see even if it had been too cold or wet (we were lucky we had lovely warm sunshine).

There are lots of places on site to eat and the food was relatively inexpensive, the waffles with ice cream were fantastic.

We want to go back there one day.

2 Thank Paul M
Salisbury, Maryland
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Keukenhof is fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

What a fabulous experience visiting the gardens in April. It is a veritable sea of color and varieties of flowers--tulips, hyacinths, and many many more both inside and out. Artistic displays are unbelievable. It's a definite do not miss destination.

4 Thank Najarus
Waterloo, Belgium
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Is it heaven on earth? Yes !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Must visit for all couples in your lifetime!
April-May period is the best and tulips are in full bloom and zillions of them smiling at you.

Check out the boat trip, go up to wind mill, kids play everywhere, they could improve food available inside though.

Very superbly maintained. Our inspiration comes from famous Bollywood movie 'Silsila" to keep going there again.

Visited May 2013