“Hoorn Petit Noord”
Review of Hotel Petit Nord

Hotel Petit Nord
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hoorn
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I use this hotel as part of my monthly business trips in Hoorn. The main reason being is that it is close to work. There isn't many good hotels to choose from in Hoorn. I believe that this is one of the best. The 2 onsite restaurants are excellent serving really good meals.

The rooms are a little dated but adequate. The beds could be comfier and air conditioning would be nice in the summer but that is my only criticisms.

Overall very happy and will keep on returning

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank martyn d

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We managed to get a room last minute by booking online as we were already in Hoorn and decided to stay over. It's not even a 5 minute walk from the train station. The guy who checked us in was very friendly and efficient, and gave us a nice, big room (room 303). There is a lift you can take to get to the higher floors. The room had everything you need, two single beds together, big bathroom with two basins, bath and shower, tea making facilities, table and chairs, dressing table, hairdryer and TV. What was even better for us was the restaurant downstairs (Restaurant Soya) that serves unlimited Japanese food for £22.95 (price varies depending what time of the week it is). We munched round after round of sushi, tempura and teppanyaki (it's extra for sashimi and some other dishes). What a lovely evening! And then it's a minute walk to get back upstairs to our room. Free wifi in room and it worked fine.

The only reason I don't give this 5 stars is because the room was too warm so we struggled for hours to go to sleep! The room has heating but it really needs AC or a fan because the window lets no breeze in to cool you down on the bed (in this room the beds aren't near the window). I even stood by the window the next morning and could not feel any wind/breeze despite it being a windy day. I think it's because it looks out onto the adjacent building and this could block it. Otherwise, we had a pleasant stay and would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Perpglo
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This hotel was a little disappointing to be honest, I was first disappointed with the "climb" up the stairs to the rooms, now I am a fit man but it was ridiculously steep. I presume there was a lift as some people would struggle. Rooms are basic, with very little flare or imagination. Little to no views either. Staff are pleasant but did occasionally struggle to get a receptionist as they seem to be working at the restaurant next door to!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hotel Petit Nord is located in a great part of Hoorn with an easy walk to many restaurants. The rooms are large for European standards, the bathroom had two sinks which is very unusual...the view was unspectacular as it looked to the roof of the next building...it had a great feel...negatives - not enough power outlets in the rooms and only selected rooms have air conditioning. Overall, worth the stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joseph H
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The positive reviews must come from people who do not travel very much. This hotel is ok, nothing more.
No aircon in this hotel, our room was hot and uncomfortable. Not very big either and with an old fashioned bedcover, brrrrrr.
Bathroom clean, but a bit dated.
Hotel is centrally located. Wifi did not work.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ellis13
Reviewed July 9, 2013

nice hotel for business and good breakfast, tip take a room with airco,friendly staff , great chinese,japanese restaurant, this hotel is great for a business traveller and even for a short breakaway with the family.

Room Tip: nice business hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank yzermans
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights towards the end of June 2013 during a short break in Holland with my my parents, who are very well travelled individuals aged about 70 years old.

We hadn't booked anywhere beforehand as we didn't know which town or city we would go to prior to our trip. I had a twin/double room on my own which was spacious & clean. My parents had no complaints either.

There were no views from our windows, both rooms looked out onto the adjacent building, but our rooms were level with the start of the adjacent buildings roof so the rooms were not dark or lacking daylight at all. I was room 109, my parents room 108, both first floor with free WiFi access no problems. Breakfast was included in our deal, my room was 60 or 65 Euros a night, my parents' room 80 Euros I think. We walked in off the street late in the day and asked for their best price. Seemed reasonable so we didn't even look elsewhere. Initially we booked for the one night only, but extended it once we decided to stay put in Hoorn.

The bathroom was absolutely fine, very clean. Cleaning gel (hand wash by the sink and body wash /shampoo by the bath - probably the same gel in both!) was provided in 2 hygienic dispensers and towels were typical clean, white rough & great drying towels that one tends to find in hotels. I dropped my hand towel to the floor after the first night as I unfortunately managed to get some make-up on it, but after that used the same towels for the duration of my stay, that was my choice, you can throw all your towels onto the floor everyday if you want fresh towels.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast fine, we were probably last patrons in the dining room each morning, but always plenty of tea / coffee and food. Breakfast is continental style with the addition of boiled eggs.

The dining room for breakfast is a Asian Fusion restaurant during the evening. Unfortunately it never seemed to be very busy and this may have been because it is quite expensive, but also we stayed there on a Wednesday through to Friday only. A chef at a restaurant we tried elsewhere during our trip told us that the food at this place is fabulous and it is his favourite place to eat in Hoorn. Maybe I'll try it next time! It's called Madame Cheung.

The hotel is located on a pedestrian precinct about 400m from the main Hoorn train station. There is a paying car park at the back of the hotel & we never had trouble finding a space there. You can put a ticket on your car the night before to save you getting up early :-)

Can't think of any complaints at all at the price we paid. A fridge or aircon would have been nice,but I simply kept my window open and it was fine. I didn't experience any noise at closing times but then we probably didn't go to bed until about midnight most nights.

If you want to know anything else important to you and not covered by this little review, please don't hesitate to email me! Bon Voyage!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family