“Sufficient for short stays”

Amrath Hotel Lapershoek
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hilversum
Reviewed March 30, 2014

On my business trips to Hilversum I frequently stay here because of its location to the train station and business meetings.
The terrace is quite nice and so is the breakfast.
The hotel has gone through some refurnishing and modernising.
Make sure your room is one of the refurnished ones. Otherwise you might be in for a surprise.
A simple hotel. Staff can be a bit slow during fully booked days propably due to understaffing.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room from the " new part"
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 19, 2014

In July 2013 I had my wedding dinner in that hotel plus booked a room to accommodate my American guests. The hotel room was tiny and the shower didn't work properly. But the most disadvantageous part was the restaurant... The ONLY waiter could not serve all the guests in time, some of the guests were still waiting while others have finished their meal. The food (particularly the ribeye) was horrible. Though I asked to make it well done, it was chewy and completely red inside, I sent the meal back to kitchen and here's what they brought me - see photo. I expressed my dissatisfaction to the waiter, she promised to take it off the bill, but her manager Ms. Bosman refused. To be fair, I should say that they offered us a free coupon for High-Tea but we didn't want to go back there.The children's menu discussed in advance wasn't there - the chef had to cook something for them that moment, and while he did it the kids ate bread with butter.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruslan M
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Licated in 350 m from train station it is easy to reach... and comfortable to stay in summer or winter. Friendly staff, excellent and flexible service, nice terrace and a plenty of meeting rooms for business gathering...

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed in Hilversum when I was visiting Amsterdam and was very well pleased. It was easy enough to get to from Amsterdam Centraal, and then to get out to the airport (I'm used to taking trains). The hotel is a very easy five minute walk from the Sportpark station- all on the sidewalk.

The hotel is in a residential area, which made it attractive. When I was there, I found it cool and green and quiet. I liked the fact that room was in a large house, but with a full service restaurant downstairs.

My room was an excellent value, in fact, the best value I got on this trip. It was all to a fine standard with a full bathroom, cable TV, comfortable bed, etc. Being on the second floor, it had a very large window. I will include a picture to help give a sense of what staying here is like.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating and it seemed to me took pride in their work. All in all, I was very pleased and had a comfortable stay. Also, the value was great. Because of all of this, I will keep it in mind for future trips to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: An nice alternative to downtown Amsterdam, if you are used to taking the train
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed there on a business trip with colleagues. Small rooms, outdated, with no airco. Environment and breakfast were nice, but hotel needs restyling, and fast, because this way of doimg business is not concordant with the year 2013.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hoeff
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I booked a superior room and was shocked at the poor quality. The room was freezing (and I keep my own home around 65/8), poorly lit, and very well worn. The front office staff was friendly and helpful. Can't say that about the restaurant/bar staff. They were downright put-off to have to provide service. It was so bad, it was almost comical. I overheard another guest saying she wished tipping was the custom here because the staff might be more in tune to the customer's comfort. I completely agree. It's a shame because it's in such a nice location.
OH, almost forgot the €15 breakfast....I would opt out of if you stay here. A very big waste of €.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CAtrkr
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel could survive in such exhosted condition just because a big Nike EHQ offices are nearby and a lot of travelers are used to come for budsiness meetings there. And there is no better hotel in walking distance.
The hotel rooms and bathrooms are in desperate need of refurbishment. The bathroom with mould wasn't clean enough and was very tired.
Breakfasts were quite good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilversum
Gooiland Hotel
Hotel Hilversum - de Witte Bergen
Hotel Villa Trompenberg
Hotel Villa Trompenberg
#1 of 5 in Hilversum

Been to Amrath Hotel Lapershoek? Share your experiences!