“Overpriced but good food. They won't serve tap water even when you have spent fortunes on beer, wine and soft drinks.”
Review of Surya

Surya
Ranked #9 of 140 Restaurants in Hilversum
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We have frequented this restaurant on a couple of occasions but won't be going back. The meals are of good quality and relatively good size. But, they refuse to serve carafes or glasses of tap water even though we had already spent a fortune on beers, wine and soft drinks. This is just greed on their part and not good customer service.

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food and Fantastic Service”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband, my parents and I visited Surya last Friday evening at around 8pm and we were having that much fun we didn't leave until after midnight. The Food was lovely. I can recommend the King Prawn Butterfly for Starter! Everyone else had the Chicken Pakora (ask for it to be served with sauce). The mains were Tandoori Garlic Chicken which was AMAZING!! and the gents had the lamb dish which was also sooooo tasty. The service we received from the staff was outstanding! Roya the Team leader is such a lovely person and nothing was too much trouble for her, she has a great sense of humour and is extremely helpful. This is a family run restaurant and we even had a drink with the owners and the rest of the staff at the end of the evening. All in all, a brilliant night - I can highly recommend this restaurant. We shall certainly be visiting again in the future when we are back in Holland. Thank you Roya! xx

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sallyd81
Amsterdam
“Put simply..always excellent!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I have been coming to this restaurant since the opening night some years ago when the door didnt shut properly! Every single time the Nepalese food is quite superb, the servuce very friendly and efficient ( not common in the Netherlands) and the atmosphere equally good. They are almost always full so make sure you book ahead. The Lamb korma here is worth the visit alone!

• Visited November 2012
The Netherlands
“Awesome, Spicy good food.”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great Food, Location ok, Service ok. If you want good tasty Indian food, this is the place to visit in Hilversum. The restuarant is not big, or really inspiringly decorated, but what it lacks in ambience it makes up for in food.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Gerardgroovy
Hilversum, The Netherlands
“Had better in Indian food in Hilversum”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've tried every Indian restaurant in Hilversum. This place has a pleasant cozy atmosphere/interior and nice owner, but the food is not the best. Our appetizers were nothing to remember comparing to other indian restaurants in Hilversum. My friend and I had tastier and more flavorful lamb korma, this was more creamy than flavorful and quite disappointing. The mix tandori grill was also missing flavor/ bland.
As I have noticed from many other reviews of this place mainly the interior is praised. If you are out for atmosphere and not the bang for your buck in the best food then go straight ahead. But if you want nice atmosphere and bang for buck flavorful food I would suggest this new restaurant named GANESHA, they also have friendly service.
All in all I rate Surya wayyy lower than Shanty and Ganesha restaurant.

• Visited November 2012