“Superb cafe”

Grand Cafe Brinkmann
Reserve with
Grand Cafe Brinkmann is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 327 Restaurants in Haarlem
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
cambridge
“Superb cafe”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Haarlem is an elegant town, and this cafe was full of well dressed locals enjoying the beautiful view of st Bavo's in the sunshine. Our coffee and sandwiches- well, huge open sandwiches with superb bread and fresh ingredients-we're great. Some cafés with great views in superb locations don't try too hard with the food; Brinkman is exceptionally good. Go, and enjoy this charming city.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
“A beautiful place to take an afternoon coffee!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This restaurant is in a super location on the lovely square in Haarlem! They serve meals, but we were just hoping for a pretty place to have coffee. I asked before sitting down if that was ok, and got a warm welcome and a choice of any table. The decor is just beautiful. The waiter was great, showing Dutch humour and hospitality! The coffee was nice, and the typical Dutch Apple pie was delicious! Heartily recommended!

• Visited September 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Impressive building in the middle of Haarlem”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had lunch here several times. The fact that I came back is a good sign, their sandwhiches are simply delicious. Although, I must say, pretty expensive. The location is great, in the middle of the Grote Markt, with a 1st-class view on the St. Bavo church and the always vibrant square. The sun shines on the terrace in summer, great to get a tan. What attracts me the most is the beautiful building, that brings me back in time... I love history and that's what this building is breathing.The only downside is that it's huge, and therefore kind of impersonal and not intimate.

• Visited May 2013
Solana Beach, California, United States
“Chef's special”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Always ask the waiter in Europe (or anywhere) what the chef is known for. It pays off..
The restaurant has ample seating on the "piazza" where locals and tourists were enjoying the late evening sun on a summer day, eating dinner, or just drinking beer and wine. We were hungry, so we decided to join.
The waiter was very friendly but careful not to make any recommendation. When I asked if the mussles were good, I got a diplomatic response (people who order it never complain). Well, I ordered the mussles, and did not complain. They were quite good, but I do prefer the garlic butter sauce better than the dutch one (vegetable based).
My daughter ordered the steak. Please, order the steak. It is absolutely amazing. It is also the chef's speciality. Not only is the meat tender, the sauce - you can write poems about it :-)
So, next time, ask. we just got lucky.

Visited August 2013
Antigua, Guatemala
“Great hamburgers and handsome waiters!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had so much fun at Brinkmann. We ate hamburgers outdoors and people watched. So charming! And the handsome waiters were so friendly and took pictures with our teenaged daughters!

Visited July 2013