Amrath Grand Hotel Frans Hals
$152
$148
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Styles Haarlem City(Haarlem)(Great Value!)
$103
$164
$87
$73
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

$142
  • Breakfast included
Hello I'm Local Boutique Hostel(Haarlem)(Great Value!)
$120
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
$137
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationperfect locationthe main squarecentral staircasebowl of applesglass doorfree applesbars and restaurantsan easy walknice hotelstreet noisethe hotel staffcomfortable roomsparking garagequality hotelminute walkcharming city
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We were in Haarlem for just one night and the Amrath was a great home-base to explore the city. The room was clean and well-equipped. Small but comfy. The staff we interacted with when we arrived and left were friendly and helpful. I can't say the same for the person I spoke with a few days before our arrival. I booked on Expedia and requested a crib and, if possible, an early check-in. I called a few days before to check on the status of my request and was sternly told that I needed to request these things in advance. Um, I did...did you check my reservation? Oh, I see that now. Sorry, no cribs and no early check-in. When we arrived I kindly asked again if we could check-in early so we could feed our baby in the comfort of our room and the desk clerk was happy to oblige....however still no cribs.

My only complaint with the room was the bed. There was some very soft memory foam type thing on top of the mattress that was very uncomfortable because it was a little lumpy. I'm also not a fan of soft beds in general.

Thanks to Trip Advisor, we did not partake of the 18 euro breakfast. Plenty of other options in the area for less than half the price.

Room Tip: Rooms above the entrance on the street-side were pretty noisy, even with the windows shut.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Flatlander3
Reviewed April 4, 2012

excellent location just off Grote Markt. Quiet room as requested. Opening windows so good ventilation. Pleasant, helpful staff

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Barbara F
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed for one night in this hotel visiting the beautifull city Haarlem. Location is great, next to the big church. At night it can be noisy due to the bars in the surroundings. Room ok, beds were very soft, too soft for my taste. Was also pretty warm in the room, but we could open the window/door so that helped. Did not have breakfast, insanely expensive 18,50 euro per person. You can have a great breakfast outside the hotel for a better price.

Room Tip: Ask for a oom as high as possible and at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is a modern style hotel with rooms that are the equivalent of a Hilton or Marriott Hotel, perhaps a bit smaller in size. The hotel has all of the essential things - a restaurant that serves a breakfast buffet and a small bar. The rooms are quite clean and well-furnished. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Parking for the hotel is at a public underground garage about 1/2 block from the hotel entrance (although it was closed due to a vehicle fire when I was there).

The most outstanding aspect of this hotel is its location. It is on the very edge of the old Centrum (Center of Town), that consists of a 30 block area that is generally closed to vehicular traffic. All locals travel by bicycle here. Wonderful restaurants are literally around the corner, and more are only a block or two away. There is excellent shopping within walking distance, as well as museums, government buildings, and you can always sit down at a bar on a seat that overlooks the Grotemarkt Square, and have yourself a beer or coffee.

The central feature of the Grotemarkt Square, 1/2 block from the hotel, is the St. Bavo Cathedral. This remarkable church is worth spending a few hours in, just to see its details. There is a great museum attached to the cathedral. If you are interested in your Dutch genealogical roots, the Noord-Holland Archief is about 3 blocks away. Many of the hotel rooms views are of the cathedral and its spires. The central spire is lit at night, and is a wonderful sight. The church carillon (bells) plays on the hour, except between midnight and 6 a.m.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Uncleguido50
Reviewed March 10, 2012

this modern building has some traditional features, like prints of 17th century frans hals paintings in the rooms aswell as reception. theres a large spiral staircase with a stained glass dome at the top! the room was very comfortable with tea and coffee (pot luck as to what teabags you get though) there was no milk but we got some from reception. the bathroom had hairdyer and shampoo but no conditioner. the hotel is on one of the many side streets leading off the main market place, you can hear the bells of the st. bavo church, but in a nice way. friday and saturday it was abit noisy outside but to be expected.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple