“open and warm”

Hello I'm Local Boutique Hostel
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Super clean, friendly helpful staff with great beds and nice linen. I'd stay here again over a place in Amsterdam due to the ease and low price of public transportation to Amsterdam and the smaller village feel. Easier access to all in The Netherlands than fighting crowds. Personal

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hello I'm Local Boutique Hostel

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a very well presented hostel with high standards and apparently very good soundproofing. The location is superb, quiet but very close to everything. The staff could not have been more helpful, breakfast was good and the ambiance and decor was cool. We liked it a lot - and we are relatively senior folk. Good for all ages, and families - but also groups in the dorms.

Room Tip: The first floor room on the front by the stairs was quiet enough for us, or maybe everyone was very...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Excellent hostel.
Clean & Hygienic, friendly personnel, good beds, rain shower, check-out at 11am, superb breakfast, 10 min walk from centre.
Nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank RobinTeuwens .
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Great location, great service, very, very clean, great selection of rooms. If you haven't figured it out by now I think this place is GREAT! This was my second time staying with Helllo I'm Local. This time I brought my aunt and uncle. We had the choice of many different places to stay but this is the most memorable place to choose. Their staff is wonderful and helpful, their location is within walking distance of many of the main attractions.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Had a very enjoyable stay at this hostel/hotel. I stayed in the dorm style room - the 8 person - and it was super clean, well organized, and comfortable (except the wood ladders to the bunk hurt my feet, but look great!). Im no longer student age - and stayed in many many hostels when I was that age - but everyone is just cool, and friendly. Especially the staff who are just so helpful, kind, and considerate. So...this is a great hostel - if you don't like the idea of sharing a room, then book a private with some friends, or stay at a hotel in Haarlem (3x the price). For me...this worked very well for me, and I got great suggestions of places to visit and see.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed at Hello I'm Local during my last visit to Haarlem. It's located in a charming old neighborhood that is near the River Spaarn and within walking distance from Grote Square. Using the public transportation is made easy and also just a short walk away. There is always something to do in Haarlem! There are many great shops and restaurants (I recommend Delphi for authentic Greek food). Of course, Amsterdam is just a 20 minute train ride away!

My room was great! A bit small, but perfect for me as I was traveling solo. There is a small private courtyard with a fireplace and tables with seating. There is also a small kitchen you can use with everything you might need including a fridge and microwave oven. They even offer a laundry service! The staff was very helpful and friendly. They truly made me feel welcome!
I will return to Hello I'm Local for my next visit to Haarlem!

Room Tip: The room I had (VOC Room) has a window facing the street/front of the building. There will be some...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed at Hello I'm Local for 3 nights and it was everything we wished for. We had a private 3 bed room which was small but very nice and fun. The location of the hostel is perfect, not right in the centre but very close and also just a short walk from the train/bus station. The rooms and the whole hostel were very clean and well equipped and the staff was super friendly and helpful. It's not the cheapest option but very good value. I thoroughly recommend this hostel to anyone who wants a nice, quiet place in a great location.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family