“Good stay”

Van der Valk Hotel Haarlem
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Haarlem
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip for 16 nights. Was pleasantly surprised by the quality of accommodation in the newer wing and the restaurant service. Will definitely stay again if the chance arises.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Mid range hotel for middle managers. Room was comfortable, if a little warm, with good working desk. The only "soft" seat was a sofa looking thing that i didn't try. There was also a handy padded bench to sit while getting dressed. Basic toiletries in bathroon and my toilet flush didn't seem to work very well. Busy restaurant with large menu and "free" salad bar. Although they did mess up the bill one night, but quickly fixed it.
I spotted more than one potential trip hazards involving broken or missing floor tiles in the restaurant and the conference room my company was using.
The gym is run by an independant company within the hotel building; opens late in the morning (after 8am) and stays open to about 10pm.
Floors 2, 3 & 4 apprear not to exist, so my floor 5 room was on the seconf floor.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I booked this hotels for the good reviews and the price. Both were 100% accurate. The staff and location were perfect. The only very slight complaint is the lack of food for late night people like myself.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Steven W
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We are extremely disappointed. From the pictures our expectations were high, after checking in the room we became aware of the reality. It seemed to be in a chip motel. Our black sheet was covert with white spots, the tub was all dirty and the clean towels were not clean. There was a big common balcony for all the rooms of the floor. Besides the room was lacking in sleepers, aircon and minibar. In the end we payed more than 200€ for 2 nites in a double bedroom. Not worthed. But I must say the only pro, is that the hotel staff was very polite.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Trippingbabe
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Went there for business. Had a room in the new wing. Very comfortable room and spacious. The staff is friendly and provide good service. Breakfeast is great. Not too far from haarlem city center. Could smoke a cigar in the smoking room. Only bad point, it s very slow to check out in the morning.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Thank jglassey .
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay here when I arrived in Europe 3 weeks ago and as I am departing tomorrow. It's the perfect spot to stay just outside of Amsterdam and close to the center of Haarlem which is a cool little city to see while in the Netherlands. This particular trip started with Fred picking me up in the complimentary shuttle service from Schiphol Airport. I arrived to a nice clean room with super comfy beds. Had a great breakfast in the restaurant and then Stella and Venessa at the front desk saved me. Literally, went out of their way to find me another room to stay in as all of amsterdam and surrounding is sold out due to an expo in the area. The service is exceptional and I cannot thank them enough!

Some rooms are completely renovated like the one I had on my first visit. I am in an older room, but still very spacious, new LCD TV's and bedding is great. It's very clean. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

There are two wings One is old and that is the cheaper price shown but the nicer wing with the photo shown is expensive but not quite 4 stars They don't use fabric softener for the sheets and towels plus there is no hand lotion There is two beds put together and they call it a queen It is far from town and it cost us $10 a day for the bus The management was not helpful when we had an issue Very unprofessional find another hotel

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple