My husband, three children (17, 20 & 22) and I stayed at the Joops City Center Hotel, which is part of the Ambassador Hotel. The Joops is about a block from the Ambassador so both checking in and out were not a problem. The Joops doesn't have a lobby so it feels more like an apartment building than a hotel. Not a big deal. The Joops has an elevator. Our room had a comfortable king bed (which is really two twins/singles pushed together). The room our kids were in had the same king bed set up and another twin/single bed so it was perfect for them. They were on a different floor but because they are older, it wasn't a problem. Both rooms seemed very new, maybe recently renovated, with all new furniture, bedding and linens. We had plenty of hot water for showers and heat in the room (it was fairly cold outside when we were there). Being in the heart of things brings convenience and a bit of street noise. It wasn't a problem, nothing ear plugs couldn't block out. We were within a few blocks of everything. We took the train into Amsterdam to see the Anne Frank museum and only had to walk about 15 minutes to get to the train station in Haarlem.
We added the continental breakfast which was substantial. Plenty of food including hot items like scrambled eggs and bacon. We didn't see any restaurants in our area open for breakfast so the short walk over to the Ambassador worked well for us. For those traveling by car, the price tag for the nearby parking garage was shockingly high...50 euros for about 40 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The monumental Ambassador City Centre Hotel is located in the historic heart of the city of Haarlem facing the St. Bavo Church. For city trippers this friendly hotel is an excellent choice. From the hotel, all the fun and interesting attractions can be easily reached. The train station is only a five-minute walk from the hotel. All rooms in the Ambassador City Centre Hotel*** are non-smoking. The stylish rooms are all marked by their unique interiors. A number of rooms also have a gorgeous view of the St. Bavo Church. The other rooms are at the rear of the hotel where you can rest peacefully in the heart of the city. Because of our unique location we are not allowed to offer our own parking facilities or discounts. In the hotel's surroundings there are public parking facilities available at an additional charge. We recommend parking in parking garage 'Appelaar' about 3 minutes walk from the hotel. Ambassador City Centre Hotel guarantees you an atmospheric stay in an ambiance in which you will feel at home immediately. The hotel offers all facilities you need for a weekend away or a long stay, for a leisure or a business trip. You can sweeten your stay by visiting our traditional Italian restaurant or our Grand Café 'De Gouverneur.' I wish you an enjoyable stay. Yours sincerely, Paul van Riek, General Manager. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Ambassador City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador City Centre Haarlem
- Hotel Ambassador City Centre