We booked this hotel just a couple of days before our arrival and were very pleasantly surprised at our good luck. The hotel is in a great part of town, right across the street from a wonderful 15th century church and steps from the main market square. Our room was on the first floor and just looked out at a patio, no view at all, but it was more than adequate, and very quiet. We did not sign up for the breakfast, preferring instead to go to local tea houses. We were very pleased we made that decision. Most hotels provide breakfast, thereby not allowing us the opportunity to try local eateries for breakfast (why pay when you can get it for free?).
The staff was very pleasant, providing us with complete and clear directions to anywhere we wanted to go, including the bike rental shop to rent bikes for a ride to the beach (the North Sea). I would highly, highly, highly recommend that activity! The entire ride is on dedicated bike paths, and being the Netherlands, pretty flat. Very easy and pleasant ride. That took about half a day as we spent some time at the beach just enjoying the water and people watching.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The monumental Ambassador City Centre Hotel is located in the historic heart of the city of Haarlem facing the St. Bavo Church. For city trippers this friendly hotel is an excellent choice. From the hotel, all the fun and interesting attractions can be easily reached. The train station is only a five-minute walk from the hotel. All rooms in the Ambassador City Centre Hotel*** are non-smoking. The stylish rooms are all marked by their unique interiors. A number of rooms also have a gorgeous view of the St. Bavo Church. The other rooms are at the rear of the hotel where you can rest peacefully in the heart of the city. Because of our unique location we are not allowed to offer our own parking facilities or discounts. In the hotel's surroundings there are public parking facilities available at an additional charge. We recommend parking in parking garage 'Appelaar' about 3 minutes walk from the hotel. Ambassador City Centre Hotel guarantees you an atmospheric stay in an ambiance in which you will feel at home immediately. The hotel offers all facilities you need for a weekend away or a long stay, for a leisure or a business trip. You can sweeten your stay by visiting our traditional Italian restaurant or our Grand Café 'De Gouverneur.' I wish you an enjoyable stay. Yours sincerely, Paul van Riek, General Manager. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Ambassador City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador City Centre Haarlem
- Hotel Ambassador City Centre