We stayed at the Ambassador City Centre Hotel in June 2013. We stayed in Haarlem instead of Amsterdam because we prefer a small town atmosphere. We were not disappointed. Haarlem is a fine city with familiar Dutch architecture and lovely canals.The hotel was located on the Grote Market Square with the huge, Gothic St Bavo Church as it's centerpiece.
The hotel was very appealing. Our room was large, clean, and comfortable. It overlooked a pleasant side street lined with charming cafe's. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. They were more than willing to give us information and advice. The breakfast room was beautifully decorated and the food that was served was ample and delicious. The breakfast was an extra charge, but well worth the price. We enjoyed meat, cheese, boiled eggs, pastries, breads, cereal and milk, fresh and canned fruit, coffee, and tea. It was interesting and encouraging to us that the hotel was the take-off point for Rick Steve's The Best of Europe Tour. We always read his travel guides and follow his direction, so the fact that he used the Ambassador City Centre Hotel was a very positive endorsement.
We also appreciated the fact that the train station was only a short walk away from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The monumental Ambassador City Centre Hotel is located in the historic heart of the city of Haarlem facing the St. Bavo Church. For city trippers this friendly hotel is an excellent choice. From the hotel, all the fun and interesting attractions can be easily reached. The train station is only a five-minute walk from the hotel. All rooms in the Ambassador City Centre Hotel*** are non-smoking. The stylish rooms are all marked by their unique interiors. A number of rooms also have a gorgeous view of the St. Bavo Church. The other rooms are at the rear of the hotel where you can rest peacefully in the heart of the city. Because of our unique location we are not allowed to offer our own parking facilities or discounts. In the hotel's surroundings there are public parking facilities available at an additional charge. We recommend parking in parking garage 'Appelaar' about 3 minutes walk from the hotel. Ambassador City Centre Hotel guarantees you an atmospheric stay in an ambiance in which you will feel at home immediately. The hotel offers all facilities you need for a weekend away or a long stay, for a leisure or a business trip. You can sweeten your stay by visiting our traditional Italian restaurant or our Grand Café 'De Gouverneur.' I wish you an enjoyable stay. Yours sincerely, Paul van Riek, General Manager. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ambassador City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador City Centre Haarlem
- Hotel Ambassador City Centre