“Tasty food & customer friendly on authentic Haarlem location”
Review of Restaurant Zuidam

Restaurant Zuidam
Reserve with
Restaurant Zuidam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 370 Restaurants in Haarlem
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant voor lunch en diner, in voormalige scheepswerf aan t Spaarne,met aanlegsteiger. lunchen en dineren in de boot mogelijk. Tevens bij mooi weer de hele dag zon op onze diverse terrassen.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Located at the base of the old Adriaan windmill on the banks of the river Het Spaarne, you will find this very cosy gem. Beautiful views, friendly service and a small but surprisingly different menu.
This restaurant is worth the visit. We made reservations with a group of seven on a Tuesday evening. Fresh fish, good wine and friendly atmosphere. It is a bit difficult to find and to park your car but worth the effort.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

A biting east wind drove us to eat at Zuidam, just to escape the cold and the dark empty streets of Haarlem. We'd taken a wrong turning on our first night in town so missed the centre but saw what looked like a restaurant on the other side of the canal and it turned out to be Zuidam, a lucky find. Not so busy, the service was prompt and friendly and the atmosphere very cozy and natural. The food was strongly Italian in influence, my green soup delicious, the baked fish likewise. The house Italian wine was ok but not great. Would be a great place to eat outside in better weather.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Enjoyed a really nice late lunch here this week. It was very quiet and the service and food were very good. We shared the antipasta platter which was delicious and I Loved my goats cheese salad with yellow beetroot, wild mushrooms and pine nuts, yum! My only criticism would be that the wine by the glass selection wasn't great.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Three men and I went for dinner last night....the first visit for two of them. All four of us were very pleased with our food from starters to dessert. The menu was changed from previous visit.
You have the option of about 7 appetizer/starters, about 8 entrees/mains and 4 or 5 desserts. ,
Two had a curried chicken on top a pappadum for a starter, I a crab cake atop a sauteed fennel salad and my husband a mesclun greens with a goatcheese and walnut on top. Dinners - two had excellent mushroom ravioli and fresh veg - porcini and more mushrooms - Delicious!!! Two had pork sate, which were also tasty (I tried my husbands). Dessert - two had cheesecake and practically licked the plate....I had the figs...but wish I had tried the chocolate cake or cheesecake. LOVE THIS PLACE! Great service and nice ambience.
I would call it a cross between casual and a bit more fancy.....you can be comfortable either way.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had a drink on the outdoor terrace the week before. The wonderful view of Spaarne was not quite matched by the service; the girl serving was helpful but inexperienced.

But we looked at the menu, peeked inside, and decided soon to risk a dinner anyway. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere is pleasant: the restoration of the building was nicely done and balances authenticity with unobtrusively modern design. Service is friendly, quick, and professional, and the views are indeed great.

The menu offers a choice of some five starters, main courses and desserts. A friendly gesture is that two salad starters could also be ordered as a main course (at a modest €12,50). The "golden" gazpacho looked as good as it tasted, and we loved the French & Dutch cheese course. Two housewines are served by the glass, and we paid less than €18 for a bottle of the white variety (a Pinot Grigio).

It was busy on the Wednesday night we visited, so a reservation is recommended. There are a few tables upstairs, but the atmosphere downstairs is definitely better.

We know the restaurant scene in Haarlem quite well, and our first visit to this young restaurant was a happy experience. We will certainly come back!

3  Thank ChF_10