“Lovely rooms and friendly staff”

Carlton Square Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Haarlem
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Just returned from business trip. Stayed in a deluxe room - more than enough space. Just as the photos on website. Bathroom brand new and sparkling clean, no bathtub so lovely large rain shower. Superking sized bed. Thought the bed was a little on the soft side but i prefer a firm mattress. Lighting was a bit odd as only one overhead next to door and all other light source from lamps. TV provided BBC1, 2, 4 news and ITV. Buffet Breakfast included in price. Only ate fruit and cheese so cannot comment on the rest of the offerings. Plenty of newspapers for everyone. FREE wifi - London hotels take note :) Would definite stay again for business or holiday.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here in June, fantastic,

Upgraded for £11 per night to executive room , well worth it. Some reviews we read not good, thank goodness that we ignored them, we couldn't fault the hotel in any way.

Staff extremely friendly & helpful

Will definitely stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: Room 502 Executive room, Full complimentary mini bar, replenished daily
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Lovely quaint little shopping district. Hotel is just beautiful, superior suite the tops, very comfortable and very tastefully decorated. Clean, serviced twice a day,very helpful and knowledgeable staff and a Whisky Bar with over 100 of the best single malts available. Wow even with the full on Scottish tartan theme! Breakfast was a delight and so was everything else.

Room Tip: Not too near the lifts some of the late night revellers were rather noisy !
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynette A
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Had a very short stay here.
Hotel rooms are a bit dated, and unmodern. Beakfasr was not included in the price for an executive room wich was a bit suprising. I also think the breakfast was to expensive.

The staff was amazing, very nice, serviceminded, and happy. The bed was very comfortable, and location great.
Will definatly be back, but hope they adjust the pricelevel a bit.

Room Tip: Take a good look trough all price options as breakfast is not neccisary included. Not even in execu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in May 2013 with two babies, so the direct access from the underground public parking, a big room and the restaurant open all day were well appreciated. very nice and helpful personnel. Very good breakfast.
Hotel is well located just by the city center in a nice calm area.
Decoration of the rooms and of the lobby could be refreshed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sascani
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I am compelled to write this review as i was the recipient of excellent customer service. I am a frequent business traveller and am used to this kind of hotel. I arrived just in time for dinner on Sunday evening staying four nights. I ordered a chicken caesar salad. The dish presented was nothing like a chicken caesar salad consisting only of about forty lettuce hearts and processed sliced warm chicken (yuk), a couple of tomatoes, some sparse sauce and some sliced cheese which didn't taste like parmesan. Reluctantly I sent it back as I was so hungry. The waiter, Patrick, agreed it was not right and poured me a glass of wine one the house. He suggested seared tuna. I ordered that. He said it would be seared and pink inside, yum. Nothing of the sort! Hard and over cooked it came with chips which I didn't order and no salad, I ate a little and sent it back going to bed peckish. I vowed not to eat there again. Patrick explained it was the temporary chef.

Patrick kept tempting me to eat there. I went out to eat. on the last evening I was in the bar with a friend. It was gone midnight and he asked if I'd eaten. I had not and was hungry. He offered me the seared tuna with artichoke and salad. I agreed. It was stunning and so was the salad. It was well past midnight when I ordered. He even brought chips for my hungry friend. At the end of the meal when it was time to pay he said "it's on the house Mr. Robinson'. His service was superb throughout my stay and so were many other members of staff. I also had a complimentary bottle of wine from the manager Anneke Rompa with a lovely note left in my room. My room by the way was superb. All in all a great stay, Thank you.

Room Tip: Go for an executive room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We retirees enjoyed a wonderful 3-day visit to Haarlem & a good part of our pleasure was the fine accomodations at Carlton Square. The room was very clean & since the weather was sunny, we enjoyed the balcony. All the staff was very helpful, particularly Irene, who guided us through all the complexities -- and fun -- of Queen's Day. (I guess now it is King's Day since Willem-Alexander was coronated on Tuesday). Another plus -- buses run from nearby stops to both Keukenhof Gardens and to the front door of the airport. We loved our visit to Haarlem -- thank you Irene & all the staff at Carlon Square.

Room Tip: If it's warm & sunny, ask for a balcony room (but maybe check that there isn't a carniva...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family