“Dutch-style Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Ok, so being from the USA, I had no idea how the Dutch interpret Mexican food... But it was actually pretty good. If you are expecting authentic Mexican - don't go here. But if you are up for some pretty decent Tex-Mex, á la Holland, it's pretty good. I ordered the fajitas, and was amused when they served the platter, sizzling, including cheese, carrots, and other various vegetables. Keep your sense of humor, and you will enjoy your experience!

As a bonus, they have a nice patio for dining, and the atmosphere downtown is great!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Okay, I know we're in the Netherlands and can't expect what we would eat in Mexico or the USA but seriously there was no flavors of Mexico in this food. The fajitas were served on a proper cast iron dish BUT there was absolutely no flavor. No cilantro (coriander), no cumin, no spice...even the couple jalapenos sprinkled on tasted like nothing. The salsa was more like a bland tomato sauce for pasta. One positive....the tortillas were good. Wouldn't be too difficult to create real Mexican food...it isn't difficult to prepare. Looks like a good place for families, as there were a lot there. Perhaps the restaurant is fine for the Dutch palate - but I bet they'd prefer the real thing!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stumbled on the one in Den Haag a couple years ago, and debated if we should eat in this one or Brinkmann's for dinner during our Haarlem visit. We split the difference and had a coffee at Brinkmann's and dinner here.

Once again, my wife, Margarita Queen, pronounced the frozen concoction excellent. Sadly, I couldn't get her to guzzle the liter special like our Den Haag visit; that worked out well for me last time, but not so much for her!

Dinner was good - Mexican food I'd rate at 8 or 9 of 10 on the European scale of Mexican food. Meaning it'd get a 5 or 6 in Texas/Mexico. But you're in Europe, dummy, you ain't gonna get Mexican food here. Good enough for me, we'll keep coming back to the Popocatepetls as we find them over here.

8/10 - would hit again.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

The service was slow, even though the place was half empty, the food was non inspiring.. Honestly, how difficult can it be to make a plate of nachos..? But apparently it is, all we got was a few dry nacho chips with a bit of cheese on it, no sauce.. It's supposed to be a delicious rich starter, 'nuff to share and get your tastebuds exited.. but what it was, was a disaster, and the rest of the meal was no different.

There is absolutely nothing special about this place, and if it wasn't the only mexican restaurant in town, I doubt if anyone would go there.

1  Thank dolores-nl
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Definitly a student place. Fajitas are honest but not fantastic. Service ok. A cool place for a cheap price with différent food And good ambiance. Its ok for me if you are not looking for very fine food. Cocktails are not expansives. Central in grote kerk square. I recommand for easy food.
If you want to order in spanish The staff is Happy to try to make an effort so la cuenta por favor !