I don't give easily a 5 star review but in this case, I feel compelled to do it.
- Location: in Haarlem downtown, close to a river and walking distance from most museums.
- Premises : Old building, but entirely renovated. Open kitchen, but no noise or odors.
- Staff: all young, but surprisingly very professional.
Now about our dinner. We were a party of 4.
We had a 3 course prix fixe menu (Euros 42).
At lunch time, the menu is Euros 38. On the menu, there are also small portions à la carte, mostly comprised in a range Euros 6-12.
What we had:
- Starters. Tuna with greens and yoghourt. Coquilles St Jacques. Bouillabaisse.
All three dishes were excellent. The bouillabaisse was not exactly a Marseille bouillabaisse, and more like enhanced fish soup, but it was really outstanding, with fresh ingredients.
- Entrées. Halibut with smoked eel & sabayon crême of peas. Absolutely no glitch.
- Desserts. Panacota marinated with sabayon of strawberries. Fresh and delicious.
Each dish was a discovery. Staff was efficient, friendly, always on time but no pressure to hurry.
Where I would give a 3 star only is the wine list, somewhat overpriced.
I will definitely go back, when in the area.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.