“Intimacy and excellent food as well as service!”
Review of Specktakel

Specktakel
Reserve with
Specktakel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 344 Restaurants in Haarlem
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: At Specktakel we work with the best ingredients from all over the world with a born understanding of combining flavours of food & wine. Here there is no such thing as eating silently, not just by the volume of laughter and enjoyment brought on by the company at the table, but more so by the food and wine that is being enjoyed. Its colours, aromas, and flavours, so simple together creating a wonderful feast to talk about…Let us guide you how to enjoy the flavours and atmosphere in our world of food & wine....
Reviewed April 2, 2014

On Saturday the 29th of April we were invited by two friends to join them for dinner here as they had been to Specktakel before and were highly enthousiastic. They strongly adviced us to have the 6 course 'Umami' tasting menu as they had had this before and so we did. We were surprised by the amount of different flavours (from literally all the corner's of the world) that kept coming to our table with nothing but excellent service and professional knowledge by the staff. The wine paring to the menu was exquisite as well as entertaing by the maître d'. An absolute 'must see' in downtown Haarlem!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This week we have experienced with my family this restaurant in Haarlem. We had to wait more than 1h 1/2 to be finnally served by personnel that just wanted to sell us drinks during our too long waiting time, all the people that arrived after us were served ( maybe because they were Dutch, we are not from Holland). Finally after 3 hours there, the food was mediocre I had to pay more than 300 € for 4 persons. Inacceptable. I would highly not recommend this place.

3  Thank Diego V
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We waited more than
1h to be served !!!!!!!! Unbelievable . The food was ok but after waiting so much we didn't enjoy it at all .

2  Thank Louli32
Reviewed March 27, 2014

3 and a half hours it took us to complete the meal!!

I have been eating here several times over the last few year but the terrible wait, rude indifferent staff ruined the meal. After waiting 90 minutes for the main course to be served we were told that it would take another 10 minutes... it took another 30.
The desert took 30 minutes to come, and only came after I went to the kitchen and waved the menu and told the staff "Hi, remember me, paying customer here"

There was no description of the food, just "beef", "seabass" and then dropped on the table.

Wrong wines were served, i didn't question this as they were cheaper than the ones we originally ordered.

No amuse was presented either. No any service requests such as more drinks, water, is the meal ok etc,etc

We were are party of 4 who spent well over 200 euros, so I ask anybody reading this. If you are planning a special occasion, would you want you event and large amount of euros wasted on this. I don't think so.

Strongly recommend that you do not eat here.

We did get an apology, it came after 3 hours and we were offered a coffee...

The food was good, but after being span out over 3 and a half hours the small morsels were comical as a dining experience.

I often see negative reviews of tripadvisor and think that the posters are to critical or small minded. Seriously though, I can live with bad food or surly staff, but these things over a 3 and half hour period is mind boggling.

I strongly recommend you do not dine here.

4  Thank Kev D
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We wanted something interesting for a dinner with my in-laws, and this proved to be the right choice. The staff was friendly and attentive, which is not always the norm in Holland, so a definitely plus.:-) Menu was diverse and intriguing and gave us lots to talk about during dinner. The 3-course option is a relaxing way to eat.The only faults we found were that the vegetarian options were (typically) dull and that the beer selection wasn't particularly interesting...the waiters did tend to interrupt us mid-conversation, but that seems to be the norm these days. I'm pointing out flaws but we really had a good time. All in all, a winner, especially for a meal to talk about. We'll be going again.