“Interesting, well prepared - but flavoursome?”
Review of Specktakel

Specktakel
Reserve with
Specktakel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 368 Restaurants in Haarlem
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: At Specktakel we work with the best ingredients from all over the world with a born understanding of combining flavours of food & wine. Here there is no such thing as eating silently, not just by the volume of laughter and enjoyment brought on by the company at the table, but more so by the food and wine that is being enjoyed. Its colours, aromas, and flavours, so simple together creating a wonderful feast to talk about…Let us guide you how to enjoy the flavours and atmosphere in our world of food & wine....
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great service, friendly and knowledgeable. Food was interesting, carefully prepared but a little light on the flavours. House wines excellent. 3 course and 4 course specials were good value.

My salmon and egg & caviar starter was good, but kangaroo steak not that flavoursome but well cooked. M had lamb carpaccio which didn't really delive on flavour but the Aussie prawns and spicesy sausage did.

1  Thank PJB57

Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you like to try crocodile, grasshopper, or anything else most of us don't eat in our daily lives - all beautifully served by extremely friendly and patient staff who silently know when to wait and when not to wait, and if you also want to be treated with an excellent wine tasting menu (you get a glass of wine specially selected - with explanation - for each particular course, even if everybody at your table chose something else), this is a MUST!!! I have been here many times when I still lived in Haarlem but recently came over from Ireland to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday there with about 10 family and friends. By the way, you don't have eat grasshoppers - you can also get more 'normal' food :-).

2  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed November 24, 2012

On the 1st November 2012 my wife, daughther and I visited this restaurant in Haarlem and had an absolutely excellent experience. The menu was varied and very interesting, for example, for my starter I had crocodile croquettes and cripsy grasshoppers, my daughter had calamari and my wife had quail egg salad. Main courses were curried lamb stew wrapped in chapti's and kangaroo. The food is obviously cooked to order but worth the wait - good food can't be hurried. We had help choosing the wine with the waiter offering taster samples to make sure we liked it - which we did. Expensive? Well not by London standards, it is what you would expect to pay for top notch food and top notch service in a top notch restaurant! Oh and by the way we really liked it, if you're in Haarlem for a couple of hours, couple of days or a couple of weeks this is the restaurant to dine in.

1  Thank Alfred C
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Food is expensive for what you pay for. A bit too trendy kitchen.
Service took very very long. They realy have to work on this.
Not worth a star as someone suggested.

1  Thank Niels-Fernanda
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Excellent food - I have eaten here several times and taken friends and family. I have never had a bad meal - the menu changes every couple of months so always worth returning. There is always something unusual on the menu like crocodile, lama or something else adventurous. Good wine too!

1  Thank MissGeorgeLittle