“A bit too trendy”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Specktakel

Specktakel
Reserve with
Specktakel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 316 Restaurants in Haarlem
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: At Specktakel we work with the best ingredients from all over the world with a born understanding of combining flavours of food & wine. Here there is no such thing as eating silently, not just by the volume of laughter and enjoyment brought on by the company at the table, but more so by the food and wine that is being enjoyed. Its colours, aromas, and flavours, so simple together creating a wonderful feast to talk about…Let us guide you how to enjoy the flavours and atmosphere in our world of food & wine....
Santos, SP
“A bit too trendy”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Food is expensive for what you pay for. A bit too trendy kitchen.
Service took very very long. They realy have to work on this.
Not worth a star as someone suggested.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Niels-Fernanda

Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Definitely worth a vist”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Excellent food - I have eaten here several times and taken friends and family. I have never had a bad meal - the menu changes every couple of months so always worth returning. There is always something unusual on the menu like crocodile, lama or something else adventurous. Good wine too!

1 Thank MissGeorgeLittle
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Sublime: worth a Michelin star”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

You're lucky to read this, because I'm doing you a big favour. I live in Haarlem and I sharing a public secret with you: this restaurant is outstanding. I'm a person that likes restaurants in general, nice food, nice atmosphere... but here I'm stunned by every single detail. The brothers that run this place are not a bunch of amateurs, they know food. They know wine. This food is not just 'nice', it's like I'm having an orgasm in my mouth with every bite (yes, I know how this sounds). Every wine is introduced by one of the owners, and chosen for every dish. The people that work here are people you want to have as your friends... I know service in restaurants and bars are embarrasing in the Netherlands, so this place is a relief. All this for a reasonable price. Great job, all of you, we will come back again and again.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Dutch_delight013
“Once again à gréât expérience for food with an enthousiastic young staff for my fourth Time hère.”
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I came hère at thé end of july Because another australian restaurant was closed in Hemsteede;) The staff is always enthousiastic to explicate you thé courses. I took thé fantastic Japan beef with Rice And vegetables with spicy flavours And fantastic taste. Thé dessert was The tower of chocolaté always good.
Good Wine from south afrika. We had à big table for 4 for our couple Nice welcome. Each Time I dinner there I was never disapointed of my dinner And my girfriend also so Spektatel is Still in my top 3 in thé area. Enjoy it.

1 Thank Caramel78600
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Interesting menu and ambience”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We were a party of 9 which through them off a bit, but they accepted us and opened their back room/patio - which was a great place to sit. We all enjoyed the ambience.
The menu is quite different with an array of flavors and countries represented. We had a variety of appetizers - crocodile cakes, calimari, sausage 'rools', soup. For the main I had swordfish saltimbucca atop pasta wiith a lemony sort of pesto and tasty roasted tomatoes.
Presentation was really well done, the food was quite good, but the service was slow...slow..slow. If they had told us the meal would be awhile everyone would have been much happier. Since nothing was ever said, nor could we catch the attention of anyone, this was the biggest complaint from everyone in the party, They would have sold a lot more wine if the servers had been on top of it!!! As stated we were a large party, but seriously, at a restaurant what is the difference between two tables walking in with 6 and 3, or one of 9?
Desserts - very very good - much better than dessert served at another restaurant lauded as the best in town.

• Visited July 2012