See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The nicest B & B I've stayed in so far. The room was spacious and comfortable, with all the amenities like a beautiful private bath, internet access, and even board games (which friends and I enjoyed thoroughly!) The breakfast was just right, not too heavy, so that I could head out to enjoy the city without feeling too stuffed. Rieneke and Rosa were wonderful and helpful hosts. I especially liked the abundance of maps, guide books and tourist information they provide. The location is perfectly situated near the main shopping street, but without all the noise. The central train station is only 5 minutes walk, but if you have lots of bags (as I did) ask for the number of the inexpensive taxi cab that will bring you directly to their door from Schipol for only $29 Euro.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank archaeologytraveler
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Wherels was our first B&B stay on our family's 2-week European vacation. Reineke and her helper, Rudy, could not have been kinder and more accommodating. We stayed in the first floor apartment which with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms suited our family of five perfectly. It also included a kitchen area as well as a washer and dryer which was very helpful. The breakfasts were delicious and bountiful and we felt very much at home there. The location of Wherels is ideal for exploring the town of Haarlem - everything is very close - no car needed. Haarlem itself is a wonderful, charming city with so much history. Thank you Reineke for a perfect stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dana85360
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed three nights in the apartment, which has a bedroom, a nice small kitchen, and an equally nice bathroom with whirlpool bath. The location, about three blocks from the train station and two blocks from the Markt, was ideal. Parking was either expensive or distant. The breakfasts were quite nice. A very good stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bilawing
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Not sure how to describe this one; it's a different sort of European room. It actually reminds me of a cabin that you rent somewhere with games, toys, books, jellies, and shampoos already provided because you might get snowed in for several months...but it's Haarlem. We chose the place because it was close to the centre of the city and it had parking. Well, half was accurate. The parking place out front was VERY tight and I actually smashed my car into a concrete planter that was out of sight of my side view mirrors (and I had a spotter). So, don't go here if you want parking, just if you want a good location. The room was clean, but cluttered. Kind of like sleeping at your grandmas house; there's tons of knick knacks all over and while they are clean and unsoiled, it was just a bit cluttered. We only stayed for 2 days, but it was pleasant and the owner was very nice. If you book the room(s), just have a mindset that you're going to a bed and breakfast and then it will prepare you for rooms for of "stuff." Oh, when you show up, go to the door on the right to ring the bell for the owner who lives on the second floor, but the rooms are through the door on the left. We went in Apr 2011, but Trip Advisor won't let us go that far back, so I'm selecting July 2011 (the latest date) to be fair since things could have changed.

Room Tip: Look for a place to eat on line before you arrive; the places seem to close early and it's tough trying to find something if you arrive too late.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Rieneke is a wonderful host..our room was very quiet and comfortable. Great location and easy walk to city square, shops, restaurants ...a quiet retreat after busy days of sightseeing! Sumptuous breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple