“For us this is one of the best Thai restaurants in NL”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Erawan

Erawan
Ranked #7 of 316 Restaurants in Haarlem
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: For more than 27 years Erawan Thai restaurant provides Authentic Thai cuisine in a romantic atmosphere. We provide freshly made dishes containing the original vegetables and spices which are flown in from Bangkok every week. These ingredients form the basis for the flavors the Thai cuisine is famous for. Recognized by the Royal Thai Embassy as an authentic Thai restaurant, we have been rewarded with the "Thai Select" logo.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“For us this is one of the best Thai restaurants in NL”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We try to go to Erawan at least once every 3 months but if it would be often that would be no punishment. This is really one of the best Thai restaurants in the Netherlands. It has great staff and we love the starter "Erawan" a great mix of nice starters. The rest of the menu items are also great and very friendly staff. We take always Jasmin tea and try to sit in the middle where you sit around low tables which makes it very cosy.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank RogerLiz S

Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Good Thai in Haarlem”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Had a few courses all of which were quite good. Service is also friendly. Prices are okay. Was actually there a few months ago so can't remember what we ate, but will certainly try it again. I just remember we were not disappointed...sorry! Oh, and it was a bit chilly whenever the door opened!

Visited February 2014
Houston, Texas
“Best Chicken Yellow Curry out there!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I used to live in Haarlem about 2 years ago. We ate at this restaurant probably once a week… there isn't anything they cook that is bad… everything is AMAZING! We LOVED the yellow chicken curry.. AMMMMMAZING! Now that we live back in the USA, we have visited several Thai places and have always been disappointed because nothing compares to Erawan's!! Miss you guys!!

• Visited May 2013
Berlin, Germany
“Simply the best Thai”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The food is simply delicious. My vegetarian friends also have decent choice from the menu. The restaurant is unpretentious. You can get takeaway as well. The prices are very reasonable.
I would give it 6 points - "Extra Excellent" if I could ;-)

My favourite are the curry dishes. (The dish is rather cooked in the curry sauce rather than just served with it.) But that is just my personal preference - other dishes are equally good.

I once heard this place described as "the best Thai restaurant in the Netherlands". And I can easily believe it. Until we (my partner and me) moved out of Haarlem, we were regular customers. We took there all our visitors. Most of them asked for going to this restaurant again next time they visited us. Some didn't wait for the next visit and we just went there again the very next day ;-)

• Visited March 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Food Orgasm - Thai food at its best!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at the Ewaran in whilst visiting the Netherlands during the Christmas holidays and the food was magical. There are few times that one can truely get food orgasm in a restaurant but this truely was food orgasm. I had whole fish with spicy red curry with boiled rice. Fish was perfectly done and the red curry was full of authentic Thai flavours. Trust me the food was simply fantastisch! The service was equally amazing and with a smile. I am definitely going back as soon as am in the Netherlands again. Don't miss this gem if you are in or around Haarlem.

• Visited January 2014