“Trip to Haarlem”

Wilma & Albert's Steakhouse
Reserve with
Wilma & Albert's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 328 Restaurants in Haarlem
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
South of england
“Trip to Haarlem”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We was recommended here by The Ambassador Hotel.
The Restaurant was busy. Our meal was very good. I think it was a little expensive.
The problem with the menu was that it didn't clarify the type of steak you were ordering, ie rump, sirloin etc until you paid a little more. We all had the Sirloin at 26 Euros each. It came with salad - this consisted of a 'school dinner ' scoop of cold mashed potatoe, a slice of melon and a radish! This was bit odd, but didn't spoil the overall meal.
We ordered sides of chips and a sauce each. The steak was huge and fantastic. I like mine rare and it was cooked perfectly. My husband and daughter had medium rare - again perfectly cooked. The chips were wonderful and the Peppercorn Sauce an absolute joy.
We had some wine and beers and the bill was 160 Euros - which I think is a bit expensive, but the meal was very very good so we didn't mind too much. Would recommend this restaurant without hesitation.

• Visited July 2013

Boulder, Colorado
“Great food, slow service, great meal”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Food was great, prepared well and simply delicious. I'm an American and so my sense of service has to be taken into account when commenting about the service. It was typical for Europe, very slow and sporadic. I asked for a refill and it never came, and had to ask again. Had to wave down waiter to get things and ask and ask and ask. But the food was so good it was worth it.

Visited July 2013
Burton, United Kingdom
“The best steak we have ever had”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Amazing food good service nothing more to say. Whilst it is expensive it was definitely worth it although there are lots of sets we didn't feel closed in.

“Outrageously delicious steaks!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Had the Tenderloin Cafe de Paris. The cut was thick and juicy, cooked to medium perfection. The garlic butter melting on top was delicately balanced in flavour. Also took a bite of the Ribeye Lombok Pepper from my friend. Wonderful spicy flavor with a hint of smokiness. I asked the chef where he gets his beef from? Answer: Imported from Ireland! Now I am tottaly coz this was the best steak I have ever had!

Hampshire, UK
“Good food, service and location”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This restaurant is in a prime location in the main square, right next to the church. In fact, it is so close to the church that you have to look almost directly up to see the top of the tower. The seats immediately outside the restaurants are on the right side of the square to catch the evening sun, but they also have seats just opposite which are in the shade of the church.

The food was very good; in particular my steak was excellent.

Service was also very good.

Some items on the menu are quite expensive, but I ordered their basic steak which was priced reasonably. You have to pay extra for chips etc., which I found a little petty and annoying. To be fair though, our overall bill was a little high, but not bad considering the prime location and quality of the food and service. I think you have to be prepared to pay for this combination and you can’t expect the same prices as a restaurant in a back street away from the centre,

I would consider eating here again if I am in Haarlem again.