Hotel Den Helder
Forest Hotel(Den Helder)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lands End(Den Helder)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Cafe Woud(Den Helder)
TripAdvisor
Bosch Duin Strand(Den Helder)
  • Free Internet
Wienerhof Hotel(Den Helder)
  • Breakfast included
B&B Gastvrij(Den Helder)
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews on here I was a little sceptical I must say but was pleasantly surprised. A slightly odd layout having to walk through the bowling alley to get to your room which is off a large "atrium" but when there room was pleasant (slightly dated interior and very warm mind), your own balcony and the shower was superb.
Staff very helpful (if a little short handed) and the English speakers very helpful indeed. For young people it will appeal but for the older I would probably say not so. Overall a good stay.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Well, I think this is right up there as the weirdest hotel I have been in...

I was there on a buisness trip. Så I didnt get much use of their bowling aley or their doubledecker (UK Style) bar, or massive concert area... thing....

The room I had was poor. The lighting was really dim, so wasnt so great doing work in there. There was a small hole in the wall in the WC.

Breakfast was fairly limited to bread and cheese/jam... The dinner was OK, I had steak, ordered medium but in my opinion it was well done; but I can live through that.

My guess is that it might be populer for young people that want to hold rave parties during summer/springbreak. But for buisness traveling I would stay clear.

I will howerver mention the staff were very friendly, the receptionist really made an effor to get me some dinner when I arrived at around 23.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

If you like to stay in a hotel where there is good food available and the restaurant service is reasonably attentive, then don't stay here.

I waited more than 20 minutes for staff in the restaurant on more than one occasion.

Rooms are around an atrium in which events are held. Sometimes concerts, but I had the pleasure of a loud local political rally. Extremely noisy.

If you want a decent hotel, the Lands End is good, and the Forest is OK.

Staff here are at least friendly, just haphazard in their approach to service.

Oh, and if you are a vegetarian like me: go elsewhere. The Italian restaurant in town caters well for veggies.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

It's not the worst I've stayed in but far from the best. My room was like a fridge and luckily enough I was on my own so the quilt from the second bed got used to. I think it's need of a renovation. The food was ok, nothing special but ok. Once seated it takes about 20 minutes to get your order taken.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2013

From the outside it looks OK and the recepetion area is quite normal. THe rooms are 1970s but adequate. However getting to your room, you need to og through what is a mixture of Las Vegas and " I dont know what ".

We had dinner in the restaurant, which was a bad idea . The fish was frozen so we ordered cheese fondue, which evidently was not composed by a Swiss !!!!!

Our recommendation would be to have dinner somdewhere else !!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple