It was interesting experience to stay in such hotel.
As a whole – I was satisfied with it.
Hotel has an interesting architecture – a huge atrium and rooms along walls in 3 floors. Atrium has a bar built in 2-floor red English bus. Also there are long tables, armchairs and trees – looks like atrium is a place for good parties.
A can say nothing about bowling – I am not a fan of this. But there are several groups of people, who playing.
What I liked:
- People on reception are adequate. We got a room on the top floor, and when we entered it, we felt strong smells of cigarette smoke. I went to reception and asked for another room. At once we got another room and it was OK.
- Breakfast room is good-decorated; food was enough and good served.
- Atrium is decorated by trees and flowers.
- Room had a balcony with view to green nature.
- Hotel located not far from old fortress – I think it would be good to walk there, but we had no time.
What I disliked
- Door locks was in bad condition – as I mentioned, first room was with smells, but in addition, and door lock was unsteady. In second room lock was more stable, but it was rusty.
- There is no lift, so you should climb with your luggage on staircase.
- Also distance from reception to rooms area is long, and staircase location is not optimal – you should go with your luggage through bowling hall, and in huge atrium choose one of 2 staircases, which located in different corners. There is no any sign, which room numbers are closer to which staircase.
So this is the hotel for young strong sportsman :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Den Helder reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Den Helder The Netherlands - North Holland