See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 3, 2017

We had dinner here (not staying at the hotel). The restaurant is worth highlighting because, as well as having an allergen menu, it is a place with character, delicious food and efficient and entertaining service. The location is very convenient for the train station.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2016

We stayed here for two nights in July 2016, and I think we had a nice stay.
Den Helder is a small, nice and beautiful town, that for sure is worth a visit while in the Netherlands.
I'm not quite sure why I can not rate this hotel with a four, but I just felt something is missed.
Arrival was easy, just a few minutes from the train station, staff was friendly, room was OK, bed was comfy, daily cleaning nice and good, breakfast was tasty and OK, but it was something that made me wonder "Why do I feel kind of lost here?"...
Then it struck me. I missed the vibes of personality, the "welcome home" kind of feeling, the "feel good" we almost always live in hotels in the Netherlands...
Don't misunderstand me, there is nothing wrong or bad with The Wienerhof at all, but unfortunately, this is not the hotel I dream about in the night time to go back to.
I tilt my hat for all the staff, especially for the breakfast chef, but we cannot give The Wienerhof more than a three.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hans55
Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

When I booked Den Helder there wasn't a lot of hotel choice in the town and the Weinerhof looked as good as any other, which talking to friends who stayed in other hotels, was indeed the case.
I have no issue with that at all. However, I do have an issue with the prices not reflecting the standard of accommodation, which is poor.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Phil_o_Knutsford
Reviewed October 27, 2016

nice hotel for people that have to stay for a night in Den Helder to work.
the rooms are simple but clean, the bed is good.
breakfast is good and you are able to get breakfast at 05.00 in the morning.

nice hotel for a good price.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 27, 2016

Friendly and helpful personnel. Spacious and light rooms with balcony or roof teras, excellent beds. Clean rooms. Excellent breakfast and nice dinner (eenvoudig doch voedzaam). Prompt help when we needed to find a parking space for our car. Despite having a room at the front of the hotel ( street view) there was no (traffic) noise entering the room. The hotel is conveniently located in the center of town, opposite the railway station and walking distance from the main touristic features.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family