“So good we did it twice”
Review of Zorba De Griek

Zorba De Griek
Reserve with
Zorba De Griek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,989 of 4,047 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We are fans of Greek food and living in Ireland where Greek restaurants are rare,we make the most of any opportunity to go Greek that arises.
The decor here is par for the course,lots of blue and white and tourist office posters.
The elderly waiters do a good job and are up to date on the economic crisis at home and abroad.We were here on 2 midweek nights and had interesting and varied conversations with both owners/waiters.
Much more convivial than their Dutch counterparts.
The food was the usual Greek fare.
The lamb chops were very good and salads excellent.
Chicken souvlaki and creamy tzatziki also good.
They had my favourite dessert: baklava.While not the best version ever, it was very nice with excellent coffee.
Wine list pretty short, but adequate.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Lured in by the charming but scatty host we had a pretty enjoyable meal. The food was good and seemed authentically Greek, apart from my moussaka came with some sort of gravy on it! Odd but actually not bad. The atmosphere was friendly and relaxed although to be fair not many other diners were present. I would be happy to eat there again.

1  Thank Sigmund_Fried
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I suspect Zorba's is a bit hit and miss, but we ate very well and left smiling - made me yearn to go back to Greece

Reviewed January 31, 2014

It started off promising with some good garlic butter and soft bread, the lentil soup was tasty, but then it all fell apart. Chicken gyros that were cold, moussaka that was hot but tasteless and a less than personable owner. I left feeling rather ill.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We came across this restaurant by chance (be prepared to 'run the gauntlet' from other restaurants owners plying their trade) One of the things we liked, was that no one was trying to drag us inside and we had time to peruse the menu. The chef quietly welcoming us and |i must say, his food was outstanding. Hubby and I go to Crete twice a year and really enjoy Greek food, and I've got to say that the chef's Stifado was the best I've every tasted and was so plentiful that I sadly could not finish all of it. Hubby had the Gyros plate , which was again plentiful and he loved it. Whilst waiting for our food we were served complimentary Greek bread with a herbs and garlic butter that was outstanding. This is a place to take things slowly, watch while Chef prepares your food in the open kitchen and enjoy the whole experience.

1  Thank twoenglishladies