WINNER WONDERLAND

Zorba De Griek
Ranked #2,946 of 3,557 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Bradford, United Kingdom
“scatty but enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Lured in by the charming but scatty host we had a pretty enjoyable meal. The food was good and seemed authentically Greek, apart from my moussaka came with some sort of gravy on it! Odd but actually not bad. The atmosphere was friendly and relaxed although to be fair not many other diners were present. I would be happy to eat there again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sigmund_Fried

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Authentically eccentric”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I suspect Zorba's is a bit hit and miss, but we ate very well and left smiling - made me yearn to go back to Greece

• Visited February 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Too bad so don't waste your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

It started off promising with some good garlic butter and soft bread, the lentil soup was tasty, but then it all fell apart. Chicken gyros that were cold, moussaka that was hot but tasteless and a less than personable owner. I left feeling rather ill.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Devon
“Watch whilst your meal is prepared in front of you.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We came across this restaurant by chance (be prepared to 'run the gauntlet' from other restaurants owners plying their trade) One of the things we liked, was that no one was trying to drag us inside and we had time to peruse the menu. The chef quietly welcoming us and |i must say, his food was outstanding. Hubby and I go to Crete twice a year and really enjoy Greek food, and I've got to say that the chef's Stifado was the best I've every tasted and was so plentiful that I sadly could not finish all of it. Hubby had the Gyros plate , which was again plentiful and he loved it. Whilst waiting for our food we were served complimentary Greek bread with a herbs and garlic butter that was outstanding. This is a place to take things slowly, watch while Chef prepares your food in the open kitchen and enjoy the whole experience.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank twoenglishladies
Poole, United Kingdom
“Should be shot !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We fancied some Greek food and entered at our peril. Ordered a fixed menu for two. Were served some potted greek sauces with vine leaves that were so old they had dried out. After this awful starter we should have left but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. Before our main came, the greasy, unshaven, dirty waiter took the rubbish out thru the front with bare hands, came back in and without washing his hands served us the main dish from the servery. It was pork on a big skewer that smelt suspicious. I cut off a small end piece and tasted it, it was off, then blood started pouring out onto the plate. I took it up to the so called 'chef' who gestured that he would cook us another skewer. I tried to explain that it was bad meat. He got extremely irate and called the waiter who explained the manager was out for 5 minutes and to wait. I did, after 10 minutes, I had had enough and was leaving and I would not pay for more than we had eaten. That pleasure cost me 35 euros. This restaurant should be closed down it defies all health & safety rules. It is a Biohazard. And yes!! whoever says this is anything but a disgrace must be drunk or high on local weed.

• Visited December 2013