Hotel V fitted the bill for us - on our first mini break as a couple in many years our expectations were high and we were not disappointed.
- elegantly furnished and comfortable, ever-friendly staff who understand customer service, top notch breakfast, a minimum of fuss, and a funky golden bulldog by the door. A location next to two tram lines is useful indeed, meaning a straightforward arrival with suitcase from Centraal Station, and quick hops through town and around the outer ring, but this is also far enough from the many main drags of the centre that some peace is possible and with all this it was better value than most.
As others have mentioned, specifying a double rather than a twin while booking is no guarantee of a double bed, it's a shame the twin beds can't be adapted better when the hotel know a double was specified. With the rich dark interior colours, some blackout blinds would be great, as with the blinds down our room was bright with the morning sun (shouldn't really complain about Amsterdam being sunny!). And we were fine, but some warning about the steepness of the stairs to the top floor of the back building might help older, younger or less able guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel V Frederiksplein opened in 2008 and is located in the city centre. It has 48 rooms with lots of light and excellent beds. All designed with love and eye for detail. Each room is different and has a compact but comfortable bathroom with powerful rain shower, flat screen tv and free wifi. A complementary breakfast is served each morning in the impressive lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel V Frederiksplein reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- v Frederiksplein Hotel
- v Frederiksplein Amsterdam