“short break”

Hotel V Frederiksplein
Ranked #101 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed September 9, 2012

we stayed 3 nights and was very pleased with the hotel. Everything was how it was described on the website so there was no surprises which is good! The breakfast was LOVELY! and the staff were friendly and helpful. Nice relaxed atmosphere Not too far away from centre but far enough to get away from crowds. Great value for money , would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed August 30, 2012

A good hotel located in quiet place and it is near every place you might visit as well . It is clean and has a wonderful atmosphere that makes you feel like being at home .All the staff including housekeeping, reception and bar employees are extremly friendly and nice, I highly recomend it..
The only problem and disadvantage are the tiny and small rooms , we took a large room and still it was a small room for us , there is not enough space, you can hardly move and there is no enough place to put all your clothing.Inspite of this I recomend it.
Irit Ellenbogen
Israel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The rooms are not just small but they are very very small. We had a "double" room which was at the basement. There were two small windows and the first two nights that was hot we had to leave them open. We did not get any sleep because we could hear everything (the people outside using the corridor to get to their rooms at the next building, even the bell at 2 in the morning when guests were coming back). We asked for another room and we were willing to pay extra and even though the first receptionist said that we could change when she left the other receptionist said that nothing else was available. Also is was not clean the sun blockers were dusty and we even found a spider. The breakfast is nothing much. Also when you take a shower in the tiny bathroom you have to be extra careful not to flood the room. However, some members of staff were helpful and polite.I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The problem with the cheap double rooms are that they are in the basement with very small windows. They are not soundproofed and they echo and rebound the noise from outside making every moment a person is near your room a living hell. Reception was above my room and i could hear footsteps, especially hghheels, all morning from about 6am. I was not on some ghost hunt - they were real. I got about 4 hours sleep here and was not rested at all. No wonder they give you free coffee in reception to keep you going.

Room Tip: DO not get a room in the basement
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank brian s
hotelv, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel V Frederiksplein, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Brian,

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad stay!
We do wish that you would have come to the front desk to speak to us about this, I'm sure we could have found a solution.
But since you never came to spoke to us, how were we to know that there was indeed an issue?

Warm Regards,
Amanda
Guest Relations

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here during December when the Christmas Market at Rembrandtplein was being held, and it was the perfect location for me as it only takes 5 minutes to walk there.

It takes 15 min to walk to the city centre, which is a bit far IMO, but the bus stop is right outside the hotel.

The XL room was of a good size, and the bed was plain dreamy. One of the coolest rooms I have stayed at (and the price is very fair).

The good: the room, busstop right outside hotel
The bad: a bit too far from the city centre if you like to walk

Room Tip: Pay more for XL room Choose on the lower floor if you have mobility issues (elevator does not take...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We are writing to thank again for these wonderful days in Amsterdam. On this vacation we experienced many good moments. Everything was perfect. Amsterdam is really beautiful city. Hotel is so comfortable, breakfast was very delicious. People who are working at the Hotel are really talkative, friendly and generous. Hotel itself has really good location. We would recomend to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband took me to Amsterdam for my birthday and we had an amazing time. When we walked down to the hotel from Centraal Station, I started to worry that our hotel was a bit far out of the action, but after the first day I realised we were perfectly placed to see all the areas (with a bit of clever day planning). We walked a lot and truly saw it all! If it hadn't been so windy (and me so useless on a bicycle), we would definitely have hired bikes and seen the city that way. There are so many bikes there, more bikes than people I'm sure!

The hotel is stunning, but our room was tiny! We were warned that Amsterdam 'small' is really small, but they are so beautifully designed and comfortable that we didn't mind at all. Plus the hotel has a fantastic lounge and dining area that you can chill in when at the hotel and it's not one of those atmosphere's where you feel uncomfortable to hang around, it is very welcoming.

The people at the hotel were super, and all the people we met whilst on our walks were so interesting to talk to.

I could have gone mad in the little clothing boutiques, they really have such an individualistic style. And they all have such amazing hair! So much so, I had my hair done at the salon next door. Very reasonably priced for such an amazing cut, colour and full restyle!

Also, some of the best thai food we've ever eaten was at Bird in the Red Light District.

I had such a great time, and can't wait to go back. We stood and watched the ferries for almost an hour before we left and I'm fascinated, so that might be our next mode of travel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple